Jets trade QB Sam Darnold to Carolina

NewAge

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

Gase wasn’t given a good roster but some could argue he actually alienated his best players (of which there weren’t many!) so that’s not good leadership. 

Also unlike a quarterback it actually is the coaches job to get the best out of his players and develop the young talent. Something Gase couldn’t/didn’t do.

His decision making during games was poor and I think there’s not many Jet fans unhappy he was fired. In fact I’d say most were pumped to hear he was sacked. 

A lot of those guys were fed up with losing but ultimately we needed to rid ourselves of them. Adams was going to hold this team back, Bell was/is trash at this point in his career. 

Even still some guys had great years under Gase but ultimately on both sides of the ball we were falling short in areas where it mattered most(QB play/OL play/Pass Rush)

When you have those 3 things you can win games, we didn't and that's on EVERYONE involved. 

Edited by KingOfNewYork

10 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

The reason I dont blame the talent around him is because if he played well I wouldn't give the credit to them. When Sam played good it was with the same guys he played bad with.

Macc and Idzik did horrible jobs, Gase didn't do the best he could either but thats based on the things they were in control of. 

The thing is Sam never really ‘played well’ consistently and never really made you truly believe he was the answer. He’d have games he’d look really good but more often than not it would lead to failure. 

When I look at someone like Sanchez who at times had every opportunity to succeed; top offensive line, multiple play makers, great run game, top 10 defense. It’s all about helping the coaches with better players in the squad and ultimately the young qb having talent around him. 

9 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

A lot of those guys were fed up with losing but ultimately we needed to rid ourselves of them. Adams was going to hold this team back, Bell was/is trash at this point in his career. 

Even still some guys had great years under Gase but ultimately on both sides of the ball we were falling short in areas where it mattered most(QB play/OL play/Pass Rush)

When you have those 3 things you can win games, we didn't and that's on EVERYONE involved. 

This team certainly feels like it has young talented players who we can build around and most crucially at key positions.

I’d love us to address the cb position and swing a trade for a guy like Marshon Lattimore. Everything is developing nicely and although I feel we are certainly not there yet and there’s things that could still be done I’m liking the way it’s heading. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, xenajets said:

This team certainly feels like it has young talented players who we can build around and most crucially at key positions.

I’d love us to address the cb position and swing a trade for a guy like Marshon Lattimore. Everything is developing nicely and although I feel we are certainly not there yet and there’s things that could still be done I’m liking the way it’s heading. 

Yeah Douglas in his two off-seasons has done what he needed to do. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, xenajets said:

The thing is Sam never really ‘played well’ consistently and never really made you truly believe he was the answer. He’d have games he’d look really good but more often than not it would lead to failure. 

When I look at someone like Sanchez who at times had every opportunity to succeed; top offensive line, multiple play makers, great run game, top 10 defense. It’s all about helping the coaches with better players in the squad and ultimately the young qb having talent around him. 

Sanchez had all that but he was still holding this team back even tho he played well in the playoffs. 

Think about 2019, Darnold comes back vs the Cowboys and lights them up minus the pick in the RZ but he looks like the guy for us then the very next week vs New England he has the worst game of his career. The flashes were definitely few and far in between, looking back at his pre-draft analysis he's everything people assumed. The hope was that he'd get better in the pros, hopefully he does tho because he's a good kid at the end of the day. Just not next year lol, I want a high second round pick. 

58 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Was he not a HC before his time in NY?

And he went to the playoffs his first year and then dealt with injuries at Quarterback the next two years and still was 8-5 through 13 games his final season in Miami before they bottomed out. 

So the Jets ruined Adam Gase lol. 

8 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

And he went to the playoffs his first year and then dealt with injuries at Quarterback the next two years and still was 8-5 through 13 games his final season in Miami before they bottomed out. 

So the Jets ruined Adam Gase lol. 

He was 23-25 as a HC there. Are we really acting like that’s good? Less than .500?

Also let's not forget that CAR traded the equivalent of a 1st rounder for Darnold... while Gase is jobless. So that should tell you who was viewed as the problem around the league. 

8 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

He was 23-25 as a HC there. Are we really acting like that’s good? Less than .500?

Also let's not forget that CAR traded the equivalent of a 1st rounder for Darnold... while Gase is jobless. So that should tell you who was viewed as the problem around the league. 

1 game less than .500 lol but our Quarterback who was 13-25 gets every excuse in the book. I AM SPEEÇHLESS. 

You serious about the 2nd part? Did the Vikings not trade a 1st rounder for Sam Bradford only for him to get outplayed by Case Keenum? Didn't the Chiefs trade a 2nd for Matt Cassell? Stop it lol. 

But this isn't about Gase, I just hate the contradiction. 

If Sam is good in Carolina y'all cant give him any credit, y'all have to give all the credit to his teammates and coaches. 

I can give Sam credit because I would be the only one saying he got better and made improvements. 

7 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

1 game less than .500 lol but our Quarterback who was 13-25 gets every excuse in the book. I AM SPEEÇHLESS. 

You serious about the 2nd part? Did the Vikings not trade a 1st rounder for Sam Bradford only for him to get outplayed by Case Keenum? Didn't the Chiefs trade a 2nd for Matt Cassell? Stop it lol. 

But this isn't about Gase, I just hate the contradiction. 

If Sam is good in Carolina y'all cant give him any credit, y'all have to give all the credit to his teammates and coaches. 

I can give Sam credit because I would be the only one saying he got better and made improvements. 

I'm convinced you're Gase's brother or something with the way you defend him, when literally every single person I know who knows anything about him says how awful he was, is and will be.

Gase is a terrible coach. Darnold was put in awful situations , he'll have a better shot in Carolina. 

The Jets are in a better situation now. We have a QB on a rookie deal for 5 years with a young team.  

Wilson has more talent than Darnold, he has a better arm, more fluid in his movements, has better touch on his deep throws and just seems super calm moving around.  Wilson is a stud prospect.  And hes in the perfect offense for his skill set with his quick release, accuracy, and ability to move. 

Edited by NYJets4716

31 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

We will see this season, he has the most weapons hes ever had and has Joe Brady as his OC. If he struggles then hes trash because he should throw for at least 25 TD with a 66% in that offense

If he struggles just blame the talent around and the coach. 

All jokes aside I think he'll do well, less pressure on him. CMC will carry that offense. As long as he doesn't beat himself I think he could possibly replicate Teddy's numbers.  69% 15/11 TD/INT 7.6 YPA 2.2 INT%