Jump to content

Jets trade QB Sam Darnold to Carolina


Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

New QB, new HC, new weapons, and Sam #$%&ing Darnold is what were are talking about on here? Carry on...I am just disappointed we got nothing else going on here lol.

Lol true. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

New QB, new HC, new weapons, and Sam #$%&ing Darnold is what were are talking about on here? Carry on...I am just disappointed we got nothing else going on here lol.

Its the dead part of the offseason.

But as fans we should be excited for this team, this is the most optimistic we should be about the future of this franchise in a long time. We finally have a GM who seems competent. We have a HC who brings energy and excitement to the team and appears to be a effective communicator and leader. We hired one of the bright young offensive minds to run a offense that is extremely effective in the NFL. We drafted a QB with superstar potential, I don't care who he played against his talent is obvious and there aren't many QBs who can throw a football like he can. We are on the way to building a OL that we haven't had in a decade. We built a DL that looks stout. We have the deepest set of WRs that this team has had since 2015 when we had Fitzmagic. 

There are a lot of reasons to be optimistic right now, this season I don't expect playoffs. But I think we are finally building it the right way and in another year we will be really in the thick of things in this division with a ton of draft picks and cap space again. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Refresh my memory here. When Rhule interviewed for the Jets gig, Mac did not want Rhule to hire Brady as OC? Was it someone else Mac did not like?  Does anyone know why Mac did not like Rhule’s OC choice?

Link to post
Share on other sites

As for Bridgewater mentioning that Brady did not practice the red zone and 2-minute drill in practice much, you really have to hear from the other side. As with any story, there are two sides. Maybe Teddy or the O was so bad that Brady could not get to the RZ stuff as an example.  But Teddy’s number in the final 2 minutes certainly attest to lack of practice. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xrade said:

Refresh my memory here. When Rhule interviewed for the Jets gig, Mac did not want Rhule to hire Brady as OC? Was it someone else Mac did not like?  Does anyone know why Mac did not like Rhule’s OC choice?

Brady wasn’t on Rhule’s radar, actually anyone’s radar he was still an offensive assistant at the time. 

Macc didn’t like Rhule’s assistants and to be honest he dumped whoever he was gonna hire as OC for Brady not even a year later lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xrade said:

As for Bridgewater mentioning that Brady did not practice the red zone and 2-minute drill in practice much, you really have to hear from the other side. As with any story, there are two sides. Maybe Teddy or the O was so bad that Brady could not get to the RZ stuff as an example.  But Teddy’s number in the final 2 minutes certainly attest to lack of practice. 

Rhule basically confirmed it by not denying it in the press conference he had. I read Rhule had similar issues in Baylor. Playing in the big 12 against bad defenses you’re pretty much scoring on big plays much more often than not. Still Teddy wouldn’t lie about this and the numbers back it up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Rhule basically confirmed it by not denying it in the press conference he had. I read Rhule had similar issues in Baylor. Playing in the big 12 against bad defenses you’re pretty much scoring on big plays much more often than not. Still Teddy wouldn’t lie about this and the numbers back it up. 

Rhule is not a good as coach as some think. I think Joe Brady is a great OC that will be a HC real soon. I think in 2 years. Rhule moght get axed in 2 years. He put a lot of stock into Darnold and if he falis him he is gone. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

As Jets fans Darnold isn’t a Jet anymore.... so while I liked him and didn’t think he was the problem... I no longer have a big need to cheer for him. Wilson is who I will cheer for now. Darnold did nothing wrong as a person in his time here and is a good kid. So I hope he does succeed. But my fandom isn’t to him, now that he’s not a Jet.

 

All that being said...... I think he does find very good success in CAR. CMC, 3 very talented WRs in Moore, Robby and Marshall and a decent OLine. He’s never had this to work with and I think he shows he’s a QB to stay in CAR.

 

But Wilson is now in a great spot to succeed. Something we never gave Darnold. Better OL, uogardes at WR in Davis, Moore and Cole. And maybe a better run game.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

As Jets fans Darnold isn’t a Jet anymore.... so while I liked him and didn’t think he was the problem... I no longer have a big need to cheer for him. Wilson is who I will cheer for now. Darnold did nothing wrong as a person in his time here and is a good kid. So I hope he does succeed. But my fandom isn’t to him, now that he’s not a Jet.

 

All that being said...... I think he does find very good success in CAR. CMC, 3 very talented WRs in Moore, Robby and Marshall and a decent OLine. He’s never had this to work with and I think he shows he’s a QB to stay in CAR.

 

But Wilson is now in a great spot to succeed. Something we never gave Darnold. Better OL, uogardes at WR in Davis, Moore and Cole. And maybe a better run game.

I don't think I will understand the whole Darnold, saga. Yes he was way short of having any kind of offensive talent help his first two years with the Jets. Last year wasn't much better, never had any kind of a running game at all. He is a big strong kid with a good arm can run some. He sure didn't any kind of coaching help at all. He had a great demeanor. With all that being said, THERE WAS SOMETHING MISSING WITH HIM. But it will still follow his games on The Sunday Ticket and like to see him succeed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, doumeyer said:

I don't think I will understand the whole Darnold, saga. Yes he was way short of having any kind of offensive talent help his first two years with the Jets. Last year wasn't much better, never had any kind of a running game at all. He is a big strong kid with a good arm can run some. He sure didn't any kind of coaching help at all. He had a great demeanor. With all that being said, THERE WAS SOMETHING MISSING WITH HIM. But it will still follow his games on The Sunday Ticket and like to see him succeed. 

There’s two sides to the Darnold debate. One is right, one is wrong(but correct to an extent)

One side is simply judging the player he is/was. He was a bad player for us. Consistently inconsistent and nothing would change that. Every flaw he exhibited in college he showed in the pros. To me nothing else really matters in that regard because I never held losing against him, only his individual performance.

Then there’s the whole he didn’t have help thing where yes in terms of wins he didn’t have the help to produce but this team wasn’t very talented but they played hard. Just were outmatched due to years of poor drafting. But some players still found ways to produce.

I remember seeing someone say look at Mahomes in the Super Bowl and I laugh because you actually see the difference between the two, not any similarities. Both under duress but Mahomes put his guys in position to make a play, Darnold often did not. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

There’s two sides to the Darnold debate. One is right, one is wrong(but correct to an extent)

One side is simply judging the player he is/was. He was a bad player for us. Consistently inconsistent and nothing would change that. Every flaw he exhibited in college he showed in the pros. To me nothing else really matters in that regard because I never held losing against him, only his individual performance.

Then there’s the whole he didn’t have help thing where yes in terms of wins he didn’t have the help to produce but this team wasn’t very talented but they played hard. Just were outmatched due to years of poor drafting. But some players still found ways to produce.

I remember seeing someone say look at Mahomes in the Super Bowl and I laugh because you actually see the difference between the two, not any similarities. Both under duress but Mahomes put his guys in position to make a play, Darnold often did not. 

That is the one thing i noticed the most about Darnold, he made the same mistakes with the Jets , that he made in college. He put up very good numbers in college but in crucial parts of his college games he would make a terrible pass.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

That is the one thing i noticed the most about Darnold, he made the same mistakes with the Jets , that he made in college. He put up very good numbers in college but in crucial parts of his college games he would make a terrible pass.

 

Yup, he's talented but has those moments where you're like no Sam, you can't throw that there. And to me that's the biggest reason you move on. Factor in there's almost no good he provides consistently to offset those decisions. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

There’s two sides to the Darnold debate. One is right, one is wrong(but correct to an extent)

One side is simply judging the player he is/was. He was a bad player for us. Consistently inconsistent and nothing would change that. Every flaw he exhibited in college he showed in the pros. To me nothing else really matters in that regard because I never held losing against him, only his individual performance.

Then there’s the whole he didn’t have help thing where yes in terms of wins he didn’t have the help to produce but this team wasn’t very talented but they played hard. Just were outmatched due to years of poor drafting. But some players still found ways to produce.

I remember seeing someone say look at Mahomes in the Super Bowl and I laugh because you actually see the difference between the two, not any similarities. Both under duress but Mahomes put his guys in position to make a play, Darnold often did not. 

You missed a side. One that I am more inclined to believe.  Ready for it…..Sam is not here because of $.  Had he been coming into year three this year, he would probably have been given another shot because his option would not be until next year. I think JD was more on the fence about Sam than many may believe. Wilson gave him the opportunity to dump Sam but JD probably would not have even been looking at QB if Sam had another year. As bad as Sam was at times, there is still a little “what if we gave him what we gave Zach” uncertainty.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, xrade said:

You missed a side. One that I am more inclined to believe.  Ready for it…..Sam is not here because of $.  Had he been coming into year three this year, he would probably have been given another shot because his option would not be until next year. I think JD was more on the fence about Sam than many may believe. Wilson gave him the opportunity to dump Sam but JD probably would not have even been looking at QB if Sam had another year. As bad as Sam was at times, there is still a little “what if we gave him what we gave Zach” uncertainty.

Well I was only discussing the why Sam sucked debate. Yes money was a huge factor in him leaving. 

As for the uncertainty you speak of well to some it wont matter, we've moved on from him and couldn't care less. Anyone who wants to dwell on what could have been has that right but they could never prove anything no matter what happens.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...