Jets trade QB Sam Darnold to Carolina

7 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

I don't agree with him but you're wrong too. Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes ring a bell? Also, 2005 isn't that recent. 

Patrick Mahomes sat behind....Alex Smith

• Like 1
1 minute ago, jetjuice said:

Not only that, but the entire scenario is comparing apples to oranges. Sam's performance in Carolina is not indicative of what he would've done with an entirely different staff and supporting cast in NY. 

And @drew39k you made zero mention of the cost of each move from a CAP standpoint. Carolina is committing $18.8mil to Darnold in 2022 by picking up his option. We now have 4 years of Wilson on a rookie contract.  

You wouldn't be picking up Sam option here. Rather Sam would be signing a lower cost bridge deal to buy out the option year and a FA year or two. Likely around 10-12 million per year.  So he contract would be affordable too.Wilson is going to get a 4 year deal worth about 35 million with something around 23mil  at signing. Not exactly cheap.

2 minutes ago, Malik said:

Patrick Mahomes sat behind....Alex Smith

Was telling my dad before, Alex Smith and Wilson also share the state of Utah connection.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, drew39k said:

You wouldn't be picking up Sam option here. Rather Sam would be signing a lower cost bridge deal to buy out the option year and a FA year or two. Likely around 10-12 million per year.  So he contract would be affordable too.Wilson is going to get a 4 year deal worth about 35 million with something around 23mil  at signing. Not exactly cheap.

Now look who has a crystal ball here. Did Sam tell you himself that he would be signing that deal? What would make you think that he would just accept a low value deal in a contract year? And you're actually insane if you think a starting NFL QB coming off a rookie contract is settling for $10-12mil AAV. Some backups make that much. Wilson's rookie deal is still cheaper at the figures you mentioned, plus the signing bonus is a non-factor since Sam's would probably be even bigger with an extension. 

Edited by jetjuice
10 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Why are we saying Wilson/Fields?

It's Wilson. Fields will be lucky to be the third QB drafted.

I still think there’s a shot he’s the pick, not by much but definitely still a shot

Well the clock has now started on JD and Saleh. The pick will be Zach Wilson. I hope I'm wrong here and hope he turns out to be a stud. I still think T Law is the only QB here in this draft. If the Jets are not in the playoffs by 2023 the fans will be out to hang these guys. As a Jet fan I'm just tired of the rest set ever 3 years. I have a feeling this will be no diffrent. I'm not sold on just what people say. I want action not words. If the Jets can win 5 or 6 games this year and 8 or 9 next year then I will start to believe. I have been burned too many times with this team. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Well the clock has now started on JD and Saleh. The pick will be Zach Wilson. I hope I'm wrong here and hope he turns out to be a stud. I still think T Law is the only QB here in this draft. If the Jets are not in the playoffs by 2023 the fans will be out to hang these guys. As a Jet fan I'm just tired of the rest set ever 3 years. I have a feeling this will be no diffrent. I'm not sold on just what people say. I want action not words. If the Jets can win 5 or 6 games this year and 8 or 9 next year then I will start to believe. I have been burned too many times with this team. 

I’ll be honest, I have a very very bad feeling about this.

but it’s not a thing anymore 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

This thread is so depressing. Some of you will never be happy even if this team is winning again. 

We aren’t obligated to praise every move this team makes. Cause you know it’s been such a successful decade 

• Like 1