NewAge

3 hours ago, drew39k said:

I'll play.

Option one 

We take Wilson and he is great, Sam sucks in Carolina - Big Win for the Jets

Option two

We take Wilson He sucks and Sam is great - Big Loss for us

Option three:

We take Wilson and he is great, Sam is great in Carolina - Loss for us because we had a QB and could have flipped the value from Wilsons pick to make this team better. We also fail to capitalize on Sam performing well in Carolina because we only got a second and not a conditional second. Because of this the 2nd we get is a late second when it could have been a late first

Option 4 

We Take Wilson He sucks, Sam Sucks in carolina - Loss for us - we would have been better to move down and use the value of pick to to build a team and draft a QB next year with a better team to put him on.

Option 5

We keep Sam - He busts  - Wilson Is great - Loss for us, we managed to get additional draft picks so we can still get a QB next year, and with Sam sucking the pick will likely be high, but we did miss out on a great QB

Option 6

We kept sam he busts- Wilson also busts Win for us. We didn't draft a bust in wilson and were able to get a ton of draft capital for pick 2

Option 7

We keep Sam - He is good, Wilson busts - Huge Win for us - get additional picks on trade down and have a young franchise QB.

There are FAR more likely chances to be successful sticking with Sam than there are by trading him and drafting Wilson. Clearly Joe chose to gamble and the odds are stacked against him that this gamble will payoff. Also, your point about calling this a QB rich draft is pretty invalid. Where were Wilson, Lance and Jones ranked this time last year? This was the Lawrence draft, and maybe Fields would be a 1st round pick Now suddenly Fields is being called the 5th QB to be taken despite ending the this past college season as the expected second best QB. Its all about recency hype. Every year there are QBs that come out of nowhere on the hype train to be "can't miss studs". Wilson is no different than someone like Trubisky in that regard. There will be QBs just like him next year. Hell, look at the draft we got Darnold in. That was the suck for Sam year, then after the season the hype train for Baker pushed him over Darnold in the draft. That draft was also considered"loaded at QB btw, and so far Baker has been questionable at best, only really looking good when cleveland loaded up on skills players(something maybe we should have done?) Rosen being DOA, and Darnold apparently busting here. Allen was properly developed in Buffalo where, once again, they did this crazy thing called getting talent around their young QB to help make the game easier for him...(probably should have done that here huh). Baltimore had success with Jackson too, but it was a gimmicky run first offense that needs to prove it can be sustained at this point(not saying Jackson didn't have a great year) 

So basically option 2 is how this is gonna play out.

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

His deep ball is pretty bad.  Don't get the fit honestly.

Me neither but maybe they see something in him no one else has. One of the reasons they're moving on from Teddy is he cant throw deep and while Sam can throw deep he doesn't do it accurately. 

Perriman looked like a God with Flacco compared to what Darnold had him doing. 

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

yeah but we make good moves to accumulate draft equity and its all the same "but we suck at drafting". It is always negative. At least this regime is trying to operate the way successful organizations do, when have we had that this decade lol?

I like the draft equity he got. In the context of Idzik, yeah he needs to actually hit on them for it to mean something. I like Douglas, but I’m not going to talk myself into every decision with the track record of this team. Not yet 

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I was watching @rdelaney89YouTube video and they were in the comments saying wait til draft day and then we can dangle Sam out to the teams who didn't get a Quarterback. 

Yeah I watched some too!!! 👏🏼

Really would of been to much drama for all of us to handle!!! Glad we’ve got the picks in the bag. 

3 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Yeah I watched some too!!! 👏🏼

Really would of been to much drama for all of us to handle!!! Glad we’ve got the picks in the bag. 

Yeah, 24 days of wondering what was gonna happen. Now we can all move on and Bobby can delete that darn thread. 

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Me neither but maybe they see something in him no one else has. One of the reasons they're moving on from Teddy is he cant throw deep and while Sam can throw deep he doesn't do it accurately. 

Perriman looked like a God with Flacco compared to what Darnold had him doing. 

I mean Brady is supposed to be this offensive genius so I guess if anyone can fix Sam it should be him.  I guess Sam can just dump it off the CMC all day?  

2 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I mean Brady is supposed to be this offensive genius so I guess if anyone can fix Sam it should be him.  I guess Sam can just dump it off the CMC all day?  

"Fixing" Sam isn't necessarily on Brady. He'll structure the offense to make the game easy for Darnold but Darnold still has to hit the open guys, avoid pressure, not throw picks. Teddy has been a better QB during his pro career than Sam has so I honestly have zero idea what Carolina is thinking. It'll be interesting to watch. 

11 minutes ago, NewAge said:

Not a super original thought here but the fact that the two best picks in this deal are in 2022 should give you a pretty good idea of how the Jets expect Darnold to do in Carolina this year.

I wonder if JD opted for that over say a 3 and 5 this year.