Darnold Traded to Carolina

Millenhater

The Panthers just traded for Sam Darnold.  That's one trade partner down and could really impact our leverage if we wanted to trade down.  

Do you think this effects us that much?  Also do you think this is telling of who is going to go in the first 7 picks?

2 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I think our trade down partners are dropping like flies. We might be stuck as 7 and the choices might not be as intriguing as initially thought. 

1 - Lawrence

2 - Wilson

3 - Jones

4 - Lance

5 - Chase

6 - Pitts

7 -

Sewell, Fields, Waddle, D. Smith, Surtain, Parsons

Fields could be a trade target for Denver, New England, Las Vegas, Washington.. just depends on how far we would want to move down. 

1 - Lawrence

2 - Wilson

3 - Fields

4 - Lance

5 - Chase

6 - Pitts

7 -

Sewell/Chase would be BPA in this scenario as no one will trade up for Mac Jones (outside of maybe the Patriots at 15).

Smith has size concerns, Parsons has sexual assault concerns, Surtain would be another 1st round CB, Waddle might not be top 10 pick material, Pitts is another top ten TE if he is there. 

SF and Carolina are out as trade down partners now. Leaving possibly Denver, Dallas or NE. IMO, Atlanta at #4 is the wildcard here. 

I'm starting to think that the top 4 players might be QBs.  I also think this Mac Jones smoke is just that.  I bet he falls to 19 and Washington takes him. 

I also think our pick will come down to Chase, Pitts, Sewell if that happens.  I really don't want Waddle or Smith at 7.

The Panthers might be hoping Trey Lance falls to #8.  They might be right.  There is too much hype around him.  He might be physically talented but he played just a single year at North Dakota State.  It would be a shock if he was ready to do anything but clean-up work in year 1.

Still, it probably means that more impact players will be available at #7.  A trade-back is not out of the question if one team gets dialed into "their guy".

15 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

The Panthers might be hoping Trey Lance falls to #8.  They might be right.  There is too much hype around him.  He might be physically talented but he played just a single year at North Dakota State.  It would be a shock if he was ready to do anything but clean-up work in year 1.

Still, it probably means that more impact players will be available at #7.  A trade-back is not out of the question if one team gets dialed into "their guy".

No chance in hell Lance falls to 8. None. 4 QBs will be going top 7.