Vikings CB Jeff Gladney turns himself in to police in Texas, charged with felony following alleged assault on his girlfriend

Dome

Vikings second-year cornerback Jeff Gladney turned himself in to Dallas County Jail in Texas on Monday after an arrest warrant was issued after an altercation with his girlfriend on Friday.

Gladney, a 2020 first-round draft pick who started 15 games as a rookie, was charged with third-degree felony family violence assault, which carries a possible sentence of two to 10 years in prison, according to CBS 11 News in Dallas-Fort Worth. He posted a $10,000 bond. The TV station first reported the arrest.

"We are aware of Jeff's arrest and are gathering additional information," the Vikings said in a statement. "We take this matter very seriously, as the reported allegations are extremely disturbing.''

https://www.startribune.com/vikings-cornerback-jeff-gladney-is-arrested-and-accused-of-assaulting-his-girlfriend/600042528/

The details are pretty horrifying, there's no need to discuss them here.

If the allegations are true, he's going to be suspended.  From what I saw he was expected to be a starter again this year, but I could be wrong. Vikings added Patrick Peterson, hopefully for them he's still got some juice and something to prove now. 

Edited by Dome

The Vikings defense has really fallen apart these last couple years. When Smith eventually hits that physical wall, it’ll be an ugly, ugly picture. Hunter and Kendricks really going to hold this unit above water.

Just now, vikingsrule said:

Cut him. Don’t see why they’d want to be associated with this. 

The Vikes defense fell apart last year when they had to lean on young and inexperienced cornerbacks and no pass rush threat.

I agree vikingsrule.  There is never, ever any excuse for beating up on a woman. 

7 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

As an outsider taking a look, I'd go with BPA between OL and DL in the 1st. They can go for a CB in the 3rd-4th if they feel the need.

That's what I'd do too.  They have 4 4th round picks, so they could always trade up for a CB too.

LMAO. There's a problem in the NFL and with professional football players, in general, and it's really pathetic. People need to start talking about it more.

Like real talk for a second -- but you never hear about these stories in the NHL.

5 minutes ago, joru1000 said:

LMAO. There's a problem in the NFL and with professional football players, in general, and it's really pathetic. People need to start talking about it more.

Like real talk for a second -- but you never hear about these stories in the NHL.

Thats because they still let them fight in the NHL so there's physical consequences to your actions outside of the rink.

7 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

The Vikings defense has really fallen apart these last couple years. When Smith eventually hits that physical wall, it’ll be an ugly, ugly picture. Hunter and Kendricks really going to hold this unit above water.

I don't think its entirely bleak. Some of the young guys showed promise, especially Can Dantzler. Wonnum, Lynch and Dye should at least be serviceable backups I think. Harrison Hand I could see being our starting safety by 2022 once we move him over and Xavier Woods contract runs up.

I hope Gladney figures his life out and can move on to be a better person after a despicable act.

Some things never change.

16 minutes ago, joru1000 said:

Its weird too because Zimmer and Spielman have focused on finding and drafting players who were leaders.

What Gladney did was not the act of a leader*

*unless you're a politician

I'm thinking if I don't trust who I'm with I just walk/ghost them. Some people are addicted to that drama and the passion that comes with it. Actions have consequences and innocent til proven guilty but a red flag that will get a response no matter what. As far as 'football' related I think the Vikes have the depth but may get another DB in the 3rd even if he's cleared. Vikes and Bengals always seem to be drafting DB's high all the time.