Vikings CB Jeff Gladney turns himself in to police in Texas, charged with felony following alleged assault on his girlfriend

Dome

12 minutes ago, G said:

I'm thinking if I don't trust who I'm with I just walk/ghost them. Some people are addicted to that drama and the passion that comes with it. Actions have consequences and innocent til proven guilty but a red flag that will get a response no matter what. As far as 'football' related I think the Vikes have the depth but may get another DB in the 3rd even if he's cleared. Vikes and Bengals always seem to be drafting DB's high all the time. 

Zimmer likes to have four reliable CBs who can rotate In different packages. MN got away from that last year given the amount of youth and injuries. MN is definitely looking at CBs early every year as long as Zimmer’s the head coach and I don’t think anyone would be surprised if they took one at 14. I doubt they will given the availability of OL at 14 and the lack of a second round pick, they really need to get the OL sorted out with premium talent. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

If the charges end up being true, it's a pretty easy decision to make on what to do with him:

Plunger1_large.png?v=1490106942&f=1&nofb

The question is, does this mean Mike Zimmer takes a CB in the 1st round again this year?

Hmm

In my mock I had MIN coming up to 9 to take Surtain

Feeling decent about that now.

And Gladney is scum. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Hmm

In my mock I had MIN coming up to 9 to take Surtain

Feeling decent about that now.

And Gladney is scum. 

I doubt they’d go up for a CB. An OT or QB, sure. I think they are confident in Peterson, I know they didn’t think they had a shot with him. Dantzler had a solid year on the outside and Alexander was brought back who was good in the slot just a couple of years ago. 

if Surtain fell to 14, sure could see it. But without a second round pick and more glaring needs at OL and DE, it would seem rather unlikely that Spielman moves up. If anything, they’ll be pounding the table to move down. 

4 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I doubt they’d go up for a CB. An OT or QB, sure. I think they are confident in Peterson, I know they didn’t think they had a shot with him. Dantzler had a solid year on the outside and Alexander was brought back who was good in the slot just a couple of years ago. 

if Surtain fell to 14, sure could see it. But without a second round pick and more glaring needs at OL and DE, it would seem rather unlikely that Spielman moves up. If anything, they’ll be pounding the table to move down. 

Initially had it for Slater, so I'll claim that too :D 

If I had to put money on it though I'd say you just stay put

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Initially had it for Slater, so I'll claim that too :D 

If I had to put money on it though I'd say you just stay put

Spielman will be working the phones hard for a trade down, but I guess moving down might depend on if a QB falls with New England picking right after. 

I could certainly see the Vikes taking a mid round prototypical slot CB to fill the void. I don’t think losing Gladney really impacts what they were going to do on the boundary. 

7 hours ago, ET80 said:

Gentle reminder to keep it to football. What do the Vikings do in their secondary?

Prior to yesterday, I think the common assumption was that Gladney would be the starter opposite Peterson. Now I think Dantzler and Hughes will be competing for the job. I think it's possible Mac Alexander will be the be the 2nd CB in formations where they only have 2 CBs but in 3 CB formations, it'll be Mac inside with Peterson and either Dantzler or Hughes outside. 

I wouldn't have ruled out the possibility of Vikings going for a CB in the first before so I definitely think the position moves up even more now. 

• Like 1

On 4/6/2021 at 7:11 AM, ET80 said:

Gentle reminder to keep it to football. What do the Vikings do in their secondary?

The top 3 CBs are Peterson, Dantzler and Alexander. After that, Hughes, Hand and I guess Boyd fight for the #4 spot.

I don't see Gladney playing this season.

On 4/6/2021 at 1:42 PM, skywindO2 said:

Prior to yesterday, I think the common assumption was that Gladney would be the starter opposite Peterson. Now I think Dantzler and Hughes will be competing for the job. I think it's possible Mac Alexander will be the be the 2nd CB in formations where they only have 2 CBs but in 3 CB formations, it'll be Mac inside with Peterson and either Dantzler or Hughes outside. 

I wouldn't have ruled out the possibility of Vikings going for a CB in the first before so I definitely think the position moves up even more now. 

I think most vikings fans expected Peterson and Dantzler to get most of the playing time on the outside with Gladney in the slot