Vikings CB Jeff Gladney turns himself in to police in Texas, charged with felony following alleged assault on his girlfriend

Dome

On 4/6/2021 at 9:10 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

Hmm

In my mock I had MIN coming up to 9 to take Surtain

Feeling decent about that now.

And Gladney is scum. 

I don't think Spielman has ever traded up in the first round.  He has traded back into it. 

I'd prefer an OT if they trade up

1 minute ago, vikesfan89 said:

I think most vikings fans expected Peterson and Dantzler to get most of the playing time on the outside with Gladney in the slot

Even Gladney wasn’t a sure thing in the slot with Alexander back in the mix. I was optimistic he could have competed as a boundary CB, just wanted to see the best three take the top 3 spots and not be so penciled into a role.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

I don't think Spielman has ever traded up in the first round.  He has traded back into it. 

With my limited knowledge, I would suggest that they can trade down and still get a good OL.  The Vikings also have 2 thirds and 4 fourths, so they should have some mobility if they decide they want a player in the second.  I'm thinking get an extra 4th by moving down to about 20, then trade a third and 2 4ths for a second.  I don't know the draft chart values, so don't kill me on that.  

The Vikings have 10 picks, as the roster stands right now, do you think they need 10 new players? 

48 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

With my limited knowledge, I would suggest that they can trade down and still get a good OL.  The Vikings also have 2 thirds and 4 fourths, so they should have some mobility if they decide they want a player in the second.  I'm thinking get an extra 4th by moving down to about 20, then trade a third and 2 4ths for a second.  I don't know the draft chart values, so don't kill me on that.  

The Vikings have 10 picks, as the roster stands right now, do you think they need 10 new players? 

Spielman set a record with number of picks last year. I’d expect him to pick 10+ easily. 

But I agree, the Vikes should explode trade down options and package some picks to move back into the top 50.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I wouldn't be against trading down either but if 1 of the top lineman are within range I'd like to move up.  Moving down is more likely though. 

Just off the top of my head,  they could use 3 OL, 1DE, 2 safeties,  1 CB, 1TE, 1WR, And 1LB to get to 10 players.  Some positions they could double up on to have competition in camp and to fill out the practice squad.  With Spielman,  I wouldn't be surprised if they draft more than 10 players

8 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Spielman set a record with number of picks last year. I’d expect him to pick 10+ easily. 

But I agree, the Vikes should explode trade down options and package some picks to move back into the top 50.

8 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

I wouldn't be against trading down either but if 1 of the top lineman are within range I'd like to move up.  Moving down is more likely though. 

Just off the top of my head,  they could use 3 OL, 1DE, 2 safeties,  1 CB, 1TE, 1WR, And 1LB to get to 10 players.  Some positions they could double up on to have competition in camp and to fill out the practice squad.  With Spielman,  I wouldn't be surprised if they draft more than 10 players

I probably should have worded that a little better.  Do you guys think that 10 draft picks would make the roster?  The Packers also have 10 picks, I don't see all 10 making the roster, if we select 10 players.  

We also need an OT.  And I have looked, with my admittedly amateurs' lens, and I really like our odds of getting one that can play in the first or second.  Perhaps I am gauging the draft incorrectly, but I think the Vikings can still get a premium OT by trading down a little.  I also think they could have a pretty good shot at a good OL if they get back into the second round ahead of the Packers and Chiefs. 

55 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I probably should have worded that a little better.  Do you guys think that 10 draft picks would make the roster?  The Packers also have 10 picks, I don't see all 10 making the roster, if we select 10 players.  

We also need an OT.  And I have looked, with my admittedly amateurs' lens, and I really like our odds of getting one that can play in the first or second.  Perhaps I am gauging the draft incorrectly, but I think the Vikings can still get a premium OT by trading down a little.  I also think they could have a pretty good shot at a good OL if they get back into the second round ahead of the Packers and Chiefs. 

I doubt 10 make the roster but I don’t think Spielman cares. He likes to throw as many darts as he can. 

• Like 3

On 4/7/2021 at 7:57 PM, vikesfan89 said:

I think I read that Minnesota hasn't traded up from their original 1st round pick since like 1987, so... let's not get our hopes up. If they trade up, it better be for Sewell. 

• Like 2

On 4/5/2021 at 6:06 PM, joru1000 said:

LMAO. There's a problem in the NFL and with professional football players, in general, and it's really pathetic. People need to start talking about it more.

Like real talk for a second -- but you never hear about these stories in the NHL.

What are you trying to insinuate here?

On 4/5/2021 at 8:06 PM, joru1000 said:

LMAO. There's a problem in the NFL and with professional football players, in general, and it's really pathetic. People need to start talking about it more.

Like real talk for a second -- but you never hear about these stories in the NHL.

oh really?

NHL suspends Slava Voynov for 2019-20 season for domestic violence:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/39322211

NHL suspends Predators’ Austin Watson 27 games for domestic violence

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tennessean.com/amp/884457002

Varlamov: domestic violence

https://www.nhl.com/news/avs-varlamov-arrested-on-domestic-violence-charges/c-689289

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

oh really?

NHL suspends Slava Voynov for 2019-20 season for domestic violence:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/39322211

NHL suspends Predators’ Austin Watson 27 games for domestic violence

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tennessean.com/amp/884457002

Varlamov: domestic violence

https://www.nhl.com/news/avs-varlamov-arrested-on-domestic-violence-charges/c-689289

He shouldn't have used the word never, but it is true. It happens way more in the NFL. Probably just down to the fact that hockey is a much more expensive sport to play and isn't something that most schools even offer. You get a much higher chance of getting a scumbag into the NFL than the NHL. Is what it is.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

He shouldn't have used the word never, but it is true. It happens way more in the NFL. Probably just down to the fact that hockey is a much more expensive sport to play and isn't something that most schools even offer. You get a much higher chance of getting a scumbag into the NFL than the NHL. Is what it is.

Lol what

• Like 2