Vikings CB Jeff Gladney turns himself in to police in Texas, charged with felony following alleged assault on his girlfriend

6 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Do you think a possible (but likely) suspension will slow down Gladney's career projection?

Given casea we've seen in the (fairly recent) past, I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't just slow it down, but possibly stopped it altogether. 

My biggest question relates to him and this draft. If Minnesota goes CB early, what are the chances he's let go just to clear the potential headache? 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Given casea we've seen in the (fairly recent) past, I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't just slow it down, but possibly stopped it altogether. 

My biggest question relates to him and this draft. If Minnesota goes CB early, what are the chances he's let go just to clear the potential headache? 

That’s honestly the approach I’d take. I think the top 3 is fine in Peterson, Dantzler and Alexander. But depth is needed. 

9 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I had a response but we're getting wayyyyyyy off track here.

Do you think a possible (but likely) suspension will slow down Gladney's career projection?

Gladney? That guy has yet to score a goal. 

• Like 1
On 4/8/2021 at 6:02 PM, ThatJerkDave said:

We also need an OT.  And I have looked, with my admittedly amateurs' lens, and I really like our odds of getting one that can play in the first or second.  Perhaps I am gauging the draft incorrectly, but I think the Vikings can still get a premium OT by trading down a little.  I also think they could have a pretty good shot at a good OL if they get back into the second round ahead of the Packers and Chiefs. 

Just depends on how fast the OL come off the board.  Could realistically see Atlanta (at 4), Cincinnati (at 5), Miami (at 6), Lions (at 7), Panthers (at 8 ), Cowboys (at 9), Eagles (at 12), and Chargers (at 13) all go OL.  Now obviously they won't all, but I'd feel fairly confident that at least 2-3 OL will be off the board by the time the Vikings pick.