Staying or Going - The 2018 Early Entry or Not Thread

CalhounLambeau

Washington OT Trey Adams torn up his knee and has said he will come back to Washington for his 4th and final season. 

Louisville QB Lamar Jackson (3JR) and Wyoming QB Josh Allen (4JR) are rumored to be finishing up their agent searches and will declare.

Oklahoma TE Mark Andrews (4JR) and Georgia LB Roquan Smith are rumored to be on their way out as well. 

http://draftanalyst.com/tuesday-draft-notes-60

http://thebiglead.com/2017/10/01/sam-darnold-leaning-toward-leaving-usc-entering-2018-nfl-draft/

Photo published for Sam Darnold Appears NFL-Bound | FOX Sports Radio

Full audio of @AlbertBreer on Sam Darnold: "heard pretty strongly he's going to come out." Listen for context https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2017-09-30-sam-darnold-appears-nfl-bound/ 

This one is probably the most predictable.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CalhounLambeau said:

Adding him to the OP. 

Baity played well early in the season but against weak competition. Deebo Samuel got the best of him before his injury. Haven't taken an in-depth look at him, but he's the "new-age" type of corner; long and physical.

4 hours ago, GreenShore said:

Miami DT RJ McIntosh

Kid is a beast. Should absolutely be talked about as a late 1st Rounder. Dominates every opponent he's faced and will be a very good player in the NFL. Expect him to shoot up draft boards.

It seems like Norton is the one that’s been getting more publicity, even though I like McIntosh more. Can you give me an analysis on the two?

Norton has the size and all that you look for in a prototypical NT but he misses too many assignments for me to call him a day 1 pick. He also doesn't dominate on a weekly basis where I would wish he did considering the offensive line talent he goes against. I'd say he's a 3rd round player right now where McIntosh is a spash player who can make an impact on every play. He's constantly in the backfield blowing up plays and very athletic. Great at stopping the run, rushing the passer and very instinctive. He has a knack for knocking down passes when he can't get to the QB. Time and time again he distrusts the blocks the O-Line is designed to make. He came to Miami as a DE but transitioned into a DT when he kept getting bigger since getting to campus.

On 11/3/2017 at 6:38 PM, GreenShore said:

Norton has the size and all that you look for in a prototypical NT but he misses too many assignments for me to call him a day 1 pick. He also doesn't dominate on a weekly basis where I would wish he did considering the offensive line talent he goes against. I'd say he's a 3rd round player right now where McIntosh is a spash player who can make an impact on every play. He's constantly in the backfield blowing up plays and very athletic. Great at stopping the run, rushing the passer and very instinctive. He has a knack for knocking down passes when he can't get to the QB. Time and time again he distrusts the blocks the O-Line is designed to make. He came to Miami as a DE but transitioned into a DT when he kept getting bigger since getting to campus.

Obviously this is insanely high praise, but I see some Richard Seymour in the play style of McIntosh. He won't be as good as the hall of famer, but their play styles are similar and both had versatility as run defenders and pass rushers. So maybe somewhere between Kenny Clark and Richard Seymour? Idk those are the first two players that came into my brain when thinking for comps.

Kendrick Norton is also a stud. He's big and strong, but can move. Nasty attitude. Does not hustle on every down and has been blown off the ball in ways that should never happen. But when this cat is on, he's unblockable and can ruin a game plan.

Those two aren't even the best DL on that team IMO. Joe Jackson is a top 10 pick down the line.

12 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Obviously this is insanely high praise, but I see some Richard Seymour in the play style of McIntosh. He won't be as good as the hall of famer, but their play styles are similar and both had versatility as run defenders and pass rushers. So maybe somewhere between Kenny Clark and Richard Seymour? Idk those are the first two players that came into my brain when thinking for comps.

Kendrick Norton is also a stud. He's big and strong, but can move. Nasty attitude. Does not hustle on every down and has been blown off the ball in ways that should never happen. But when this cat is on, he's unblockable and can ruin a game plan.

Those two aren't even the best DL on that team IMO. Joe Jackson is a top 10 pick down the line.

Norton made a statement last week against VT. 

He absolutely helped his draft stock after his beast of a game.

McIntosh was dominant as well. Unbelievable performance from both of them.

Archived