Rhetorical: If Packers were offered a first round pick for Jordan Love, should they take it?

HeresAGuy

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/football/professional/in-backup-quarterback-tim-boyle-packers-have-someone-they-re-very-confident-we-can-win/article_f8c25fc5-1fe1-596b-8bb2-1aad379cb8b2.html

Impressing ’12’

...One person who has noticed is Rodgers, who was blown away last year by how insightful Boyle was with his weekly preparations and has appreciated not only Boyle’s friendship but how his backup has helped him improve, even as he enters his 16th NFL season.

“I’ve been around Tim for a long time,” Rodgers said. “I think what has separated him in the last couple years from his competitors is how well he’s played in the preseason. He’s had two really, really good preseasons, putting up numbers and stats and moving the offense efficiently. That’s what allowed him to make the team his first year and to really solidify himself as a backup last year.

“But the separation that he has from any other player on the squad is his aptitude. He’s very intelligent. He understands the offense, knows the intricacies of the offense. It’s (a matter of) getting him more experience, more reps. It is different one-against-ones, it’s just a different type of tempo and obviously slightly more talented players you’re going against. And the more reps you can get with the No. 1s, the more experience and better feel.

“But he can do it all. He’s tall, he can move, he’s really smart at the line of scrimmage, good with his checks.
He’s pretty settled in his third year.”

“Tim, he became a pro last year. I thought when the competition for the backup role ended, he opened up tremendously and grew so much. He really did,” Luke Getsy said earlier this offseason. “I think (it’s valuable to) have the opportunity to sit, watch, listen and learn, and hear from Matt and hear from Coach Hackett and from myself, and watch Aaron and listen to Aaron communicate things, you got to do that for two years now. I think Tim, the mental part of his game is at a whole other level now. We’re so lucky to have him.”

Said Boyle: “I don’t think a lot of people understand the backup’s role on a game week"

quod erat demonstrandum

• Like 1

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

filed under: least impactful insult attempts ever

Wasn’t an insult. Was a fact. But it was an impactful enough fact for you to take time out of your life that you will never get back to respond... Winning never felt so good.

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Wasn’t an insult. Was a fact. But it was an impactful enough fact for you to take time out of your life that you will never get back to respond... Winning never felt so good.

i'll get it back by flying backward around the earth at the same speed as it's rotation, but in opposite sign and pause relative time.

i'm doing it right now, actually - so no time elapses for me relative to you earthers

• Like 1

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

i'll get it back by flying backward around the earth at the same speed as it's rotation, but in opposite sign and pause relative time.

i'm doing it right now, actually - so no time elapses for me relative to you earthers

Okay you win 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, incognito_man said:

-Nut, 15 years ago

Two COMPLETELY different scenarios.

Rodgers played very well in his final season at Cal and was a big favorite to go first overall. Him falling to 24th is one of life's biggest mysteries.

Love was a borderline first rounder who has good tape, but struggled in his final season and had a lot more question marks as a prospect.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Nut said:

Rodgers played very well in his final season at Cal and was a big favorite to go first overall. Him falling to 24th is one of life's biggest mysteries.

The 49ers SHOULD have taken him, for sure. But...the bull**** surrounding Rodgers was all about whether he was a product of "the Tedford system" (ridiculous) and the fact that he needed a lot of reworking to his mechanics (valid). 

8 minutes ago, Nut said:

Love was a borderline first rounder who has good tape, but struggled in his final season and had a lot more question marks as a prospect.

There were reasons he struggled in his final season, but he had some nagging mechanical things that got even worse under those dire circumstances. He was viewed by absolutely everyone as a project. A worthy one--but still a project.