Rhetorical: If Packers were offered a first round pick for Jordan Love, should they take it?

HeresAGuy

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I'm still not why you always bring Tarvaris Jackson into it.  I was never that big of a fan of the guy.  We may have some discussions when neither of us knew what we really had, but whatever.

Tebow, on the other hand, I stand by everything I've ever said about him.  I'd still take him over Rodgers.

I guess if I adamantly said that Tarvaris Jackson was better than Aaron Rodgers I'd try to forget it too lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

I guess if I adamantly said that Tarvaris Jackson was better than Aaron Rodgers I'd try to forget it too lol

No.  I don't have a problem standing by my opinions.  There are plenty of people who don't agree with my opinion on Tebow and I have no problem standing by what I said.  Where I have a problem is when people try to put words in my mouth. 

Is the reason you keep trying to push the TJack narrative is that, deep down, you know I was right on Tebow?

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

No.  I don't have a problem standing by my opinions.  There are plenty of people who don't agree with my opinion on Tebow and I have no problem standing by what I said. 

And never change this.  This is one of the things that I personally respect about you the most.

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

Is the reason you keep trying to push the TJack narrative is that, deep down, you know I was right on Tebow?

I can think of two reasons as to why he's choosing to bring up a 10-year-old opinion that has no bearing on the current topic.  One, a bad attempt at deflection after having a bad take.  Two, he's a Packers fan and is trying his best to justify his favorite team making a big mistake.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Blue said:

No, he would do nothing except hand the ball off and hope he didn't have to actually make a play at any point.

I gotta say it's amusing to see y'all try to talk up Tim Boyle to make yourselves feel better about Jordan Love failing to beat him out. I'm just waiting to hear the folk stories about how he went around the country planting pigskins and that's where high school football comes from.

Well you can say that but you’re wrong. If it’s actually a real game situation he isn’t going to just hand the ball off. The staff had full confidence he could run the offense if needed. Obviously there will be limitations because Anyone other than Rodgers will have limitations. I’m not trying to talk up Tim Boyle I’m just trying let you into what those more in tune with the situation know. And for the final time Boyle didn’t win a competition with Love. The order was pre determined when the Love selection was made. I’m not even a big fan of Love but you have misrepresented the situation so poorly I had to try. Clearly that isn’t working so believe what you want and good luck with whichever team in yours. 

10 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Yes deep down in our suppressed thoughts and opinions all Packers fans really wish we could trade the career of the most talented QB that has played the game for that of a left handed fullback miscast as a QB.

54 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yes deep down in our suppressed thoughts and opinions all Packers fans really wish we could trade the career of the most talented QB that has played the game for that of a left handed fullback miscast as a QB.

giphy.gif

This is a thread about Jordan Love, not Aaron Rodgers, Tim Tebow, or Tarvaris Jackson, but for some reason you guys seem to have a need to dredge up discussions we had over a decade ago.  Well, as long as you brought it up, I will respond.

First of all, calling Aaron Rodgers "the most talented QB that has played the game" is very debatable.  One thing that is not debatable is the fact that, in spite of all of that talent, he only has one Super Bowl win on his resume, and every other year, all of his fans are forced to come up with excuses as to why he gets bounced from the playoffs. 

Meanwhile, the "left handed fullback" took over a 1-4 team in his first year as a starter, had numerous comeback wins, led them to the playoffs, and threw a game-winning pass in overtime to get a playoff win over the Pittsburgh Steelers.

With Tebow's record of winning in the one year he was given a chance to play, as well as his remarkable talent as a leader of men (something Rodgers obviously does not possess), it is not unreasonable to conclude that he could have duplicated Aaron Rodgers' history of winning one lone Super Bowl over a 15-year span.

You guys can talk all you want to about how "talented" Rodgers is, but he summed the whole situation up perfectly himself when he was trying to take a veiled shot at Brett Favre.  Little did he know at the time that he was actually defining his own career as he said the following:

"As quarterbacks, we earn our paycheck during the regular season, but WE BUILD OUR LEGACY IN THE PLAYOFFS."

It's the quote that has just kept on giving and giving.  Year after year after year.  Thank you for that, Aaron!  xD

So here is the big question:  If you had traded the career of "the most talented QB that has played the game, for that of a left handed fullback miscast as a QB," would the fans in "Titletown" really have missed out on much (other than a some regular season heroics against weak teams)?  Looking back at the record, I doubt it.

Edited by Uncle Buck

10 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I can think of two reasons as to why he's choosing to bring up a 10-year-old opinion that has no bearing on the current topic.  One, a bad attempt at deflection after having a bad take.  Two, he's a Packers fan and is trying his best to justify his favorite team making a big mistake.

or you could read. I know it's a novel concept, but just try ;)

I laid it out pretty clearly in the post that I mentioned them why I mentioned them.

10 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

No, the dumbest argument is comparing Mahomes to Love.

i really can't tell if you actually believe he compared Mahomes and Love or are being intentionally obtuse

@ET80 - I command you to not like posts like this where it's obvious @Outpost31 didn't compare Love and Mahomes the players. He compared the situations

• Like 1