Jump to content

Rhetorical: If Packers were offered a first round pick for Jordan Love, should they take it?


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

He had enough to turn around a 1-4 team, get them to the playoffs, and win a playoff game in his only season as a starter.  Maybe a better question would be "Why wasn't he given more seasons as a starter after accomplishing that?" 

Because he completed less than 47% of his passes that regular season and when Bull Belichick decided to blitz him on every play in the postseason he completed less than 37% of his passes in a 10-45 point loss.

Then he couldn’t win the Jets starting QB position.

And he refused to switch positions, regardless of the fact he’s likely an all-pro Hback/tight end.

And the media circus from the same people who hype Dogecoin as a reliable investment that hyped Tebow as a reliable starting QB were too obnoxious to teams wanting to bring him in as a project.

Tim Tebow is in the same boat as Kaepernick.  Both way too full of themselves and relying on idiot fan assessments rather than NFL GM assessments.  Neither of them are franchise quarterbacks with franchise skill, both would be on a roster if both didn’t have obnoxious fans saying they’re being persecuted for their beliefs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Because he completed less than 47% of his passes that regular season and when Bull Belichick decided to blitz him on every play in the postseason he completed less than 37% of his passes in a 10-45 point loss.

Then he couldn’t win the Jets starting QB position.

And he refused to switch positions, regardless of the fact he’s likely an all-pro Hback/tight end.

And the media circus from the same people who hype Dogecoin as a reliable investment that hyped Tebow as a reliable starting QB were too obnoxious to teams wanting to bring him in as a project.

Tim Tebow is in the same boat as Kaepernick.  Both way too full of themselves and relying on idiot fan assessments rather than NFL GM assessments.  Neither of them are franchise quarterbacks with franchise skill, both would be on a roster if both didn’t have obnoxious fans saying they’re being persecuted for their beliefs.

So because Bill Belichick put together a game plan to beat a team with a first year starter at QB, that means we should automatically decide that there wasn't a way for Tebow to counter that game plan in the future?  That seems like a real waste of potential if you ask me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

 

@ET80 - I command you to not like posts like this 

Yeah, this gets you nowhere.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I would just like to ask Packer fans a question.  How much longer do you feel the need to rehash all these old discussions?  We've had these same arguments many times before and nobody has (or will) change their minds.  Personally, I'd like to move on.  I'm not even a fan of an NFC North team anymore.

Look back at the threads and you will notice that I didn't say a single thing to hurt your feelings after that NFCCG loss this year.  I know how it feels to lose a game like that.  I have tried to be the bigger man, take the high road and move on.  Can't we just bury the hatchet? 

giphy.gif

Edited by Uncle Buck
Link to post
Share on other sites

I would also like to add that Aaron Rodgers IS a great quarterback.  You have a right to be proud of the young man, and I have no doubt that he will one day be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.  While I'm admitting things, I will even go so far as to say that I thought he did a great job hosting Jeopardy.  :)

This web site has been a real blessing in my life and you have all been a part of that, even if we normally disagree on everything.  For that reason, I would just like to apologize for anything I have said about Rodgers (and I'm sure there probably have been things) that has been hurtful over the years.  That was bad on my part, and I'm sorry.  I will try to do better in the future. 

giphy.gif
 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

If you disagree with me and you don't think Marino was great, maybe you should talk to the Hall of Fame selection committee and voice your disapproval.  

*Sigh* 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

*Sigh* 

*Sigh*

I'll try again.  Here's a translation:  I actually did get what you were saying the first time, but I'm sick and tired of arguing about it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably. Green Bay’s fo has wasted most of Rodgers career, if they were smart they’d take the extra pick while they have a contending team. 
 

love was a poor pick from the start, and it is getting worse with time. It’s almost impossible for Rodgers to duplicate this past year, but if he’s anywhere close to it then GB would be morons to move on from him. Which would mean Love at best would be starting in his 4th year. Yea, that’s a bad pick.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would in a heartbeat. 

He could be worth more, he could be worthless. 

But, you have to assume said pick would be a higher pick than Green Bay will have themselves. For a player with virtually no playing time, if it's offered, you practically have to take it. 

I can think of limited scenarios where I wouldn't, like if  Manning doesn't leave Indy but they want to hold Andrew Luck for a year or so. But Love wasn't that kind of prospect.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

I would in a heartbeat. 

He could be worth more, he could be worthless. 

But, you have to assume said pick would be a higher pick than Green Bay will have themselves. For a player with virtually no playing time, if it's offered, you practically have to take it. 

I can think of limited scenarios where I wouldn't, like if  Manning doesn't leave Indy but they want to hold Andrew Luck for a year or so. But Love wasn't that kind of prospect.

Perfectly said. Love wasn’t a once in a generation prospect, and as everyone should know at this point, drafting the “right players” has a huge element of luck in it. 
 

having love sit 2-3 years and then hoping he immediately becomes an at least average nfl starter? Those are pretty long odds. I don’t mean to keep on harping on how bad of a pick it was, but Love has just about no chance to contribute. Even if they drafted a guy that ultimately busted, at least there was a chance that he could have played well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2021 at 10:20 AM, Outpost31 said:

ET sometimes has a hard time understanding overall points or following conversations, so he sees something like that and assumes I’m comparing Love to Mahomes.

I see what I want to see, and that's what I saw.

On 4/8/2021 at 10:20 AM, Outpost31 said:

He also had tremendous overliked guilt.

I'm liked exactly as much as I should be liked. No more, no less.

On 4/8/2021 at 10:20 AM, Outpost31 said:

He knows he has way too many likes for the content he posts, so sometimes he throws likes out.

Actually, it's OCD. If someone is a 999 or something, I'll toss a like to get em to an even number.

That might be the case here, I dunno.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Perfectly said. Love wasn’t a once in a generation prospect, and as everyone should know at this point, drafting the “right players” has a huge element of luck in it. 
 

having love sit 2-3 years and then hoping he immediately becomes an at least average nfl starter? Those are pretty long odds. I don’t mean to keep on harping on how bad of a pick it was, but Love has just about no chance to contribute. Even if they drafted a guy that ultimately busted, at least there was a chance that he could have played well.

I know you didn't like the pic. I didn't really like it either. I would have rather waited one year to draft a QB. But this sentence is just not true and makes no sense. How does he have no chance to contribute? Having a QB sit and learn, especially a raw prospect, is kind of a proven method to developing QB's. So if Love sits and starts in his fourth or even fifth year I would expect him to be able to come in and play at an NFL average level at that point. And if he comes in and plays at a top 10ish level after that for several years it is far from a wasted pick. Expectations of him to become another Favre-Rodgers QB are just dreaming though.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I still have no idea what people see in Love. I get he looked good in 2018, but that was then and in 2019 he regressed significantly. The fact he couldn't beat out Tim Boyle to be the #2 should be extremely concerning to GB.

Edited by biggie.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...