Rhetorical: If Packers were offered a first round pick for Jordan Love, should they take it?

HeresAGuy

On 4/8/2021 at 11:04 AM, Uncle Buck said:

I was simply responding to Packer fan logic.  You guys want to claim Rodgers is the GOAT, and you also seem to want to rehash arguments we had a decade ago.  I wasn't the one who brought it up in this thread.  Packer fans did.

If you disagree with me and you don't think Marino was great, maybe you should talk to the Hall of Fame selection committee and voice your disapproval.  

I don't know if Rodgers is the GOAT.  Frankly I never declare any player a GOAT because things/players skills change and improve as time goes by.  Marino absolutely deserves to be in the HOF.  He was way ahead of his time.  He would probably be even more successful if he was playing today.  The sad thing is if a player never wins a ring or "only" has one his accomplishments are diminished in the eyes of some because of Brady's success.  We will never see this kind of obscene post season success again by a singular player again in our lifetime.  There are scads of players in the Hall who have never tasted a championship but that shouldn't be a knock on a guy who plays a sport that is the ultimate team game.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, coffeedrinker said:

I was not a fan of Jordan Love last year when a lot of Colts fans wanted the Colts to move up (yes move up in the first round) to draft him.  So I think, if someone offered GB a 4th round pick, they should jump on it.

I just don't see any other GM offering a pick for Love at this point because nobody outside of 1265 Lombardi Avenue know how Love has progressed so far.  If Love is a bust he won't be the first QB taken in the first round to flame out.  If he turns out to be a good QB then it was worth the move.  When your team is successful you don't have many opportunities to draft a QB in that round.  I can get why our GM made the move.  QB is the most critical position in sports so teams will move mountains to ensure they have that position covered going forward.  If Gute screwed up it is his head that will be on the chopping block.

• Like 2

On 4/20/2021 at 6:59 PM, kingseanjohn said:

That was my thought as well. But I don't know any of the Pats or Packers insiders.

there aren't any packer insiders. They run a VERY tight ship. You know this is bogus if it's hinting it came from within GB. I suspect the same of NE.

Zero chance any of this is real. NE and GB aren't the type of organizations where things like this happen.