Week 7 GDT - Dallas Cowboys @ San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Do we continue our streak of losing by three points or less? That would be six consecutive games. And arguably the greatest season for any team that is trying to tank. Nothing but close competitive losses.

Can our running game get back on track? Hyde hasn't been able to get anything going the last two games. A better match up this week, but he hasn't been running with the same explosiveness as he did to start the season. 

Beathard gets a full week of practice with the starters, but also gets a team that gets to game plan for him. I don't expect all that good of a performance. I do recommend picking up Kittle for your fantasy teams though.

Defensively, the DL takes another hit with Armstead's injury. But it also puts Thomas in his more natural position. Hopefully Lynch is able to go.

Foster will likely be back which will be a big improvement over Coyle, but we do still have Armstrong....So yeah........

Can Robinson put together his third good game in a row? If so, it would give us a whole a lot more confident in him. 

Expecting to see more and more of Witherspoon. So far he hasn't done anything great or bad, just out there. Hopefully he gets tested more with the opportunity to make a play at the ball.

Ultimately, I see our streak of losing by three points or less ending.

Cowboys 27 49ers 17

Forge GDT:

ke is in for the Cowboys as is Sean Lee it appears. Beathard in for the 49ers, and I would guess that we see Foster this game as well. Armstead is out, obviously, which leaves are defensive line pretty thin. Buckner needs to keep being Buckner and we need Thomas to build off last week's effort, which was certainly his best game of the year. 

This begins the 10 game audition for CJ beathard to show that there is something potentially there for the future. The guy is certainly a gamer, but I don't know that he's got the talent, so it'll be an interesting 10 games to watch. This is probably the best situation to put him in to give him the start prior to the bye week. The game is at home and Dallas' defense isn't great, so there's an opportunity to build some confidence. 

I'm not sure that Zeke is that big of a deal, to be honest. He's been very inefficient this year - not nearly what he was last year, and it's clear that their offensive line isn't what it was. That being said, Dak looks much better and is playing like a quarterback that doesn't need to have the running game he had last year, and the line is still good enough to stonewall any pressure we could bring given that we can struggle sometimes in getting to the quarterback. 

On defense, we are still doing pretty good against the run. We give up some bulk stuff, but efficiency wise, we've been pretty strong. Giving up less than 4 ypc, and FO has us currently residing at #13 on dvoa against the run. The pass is a different story. Our linebackers have really struggled in coverage, and Robinson has had a crazy Jeckyl / Hyde thing going on. Witherspoon continues to eat some snaps, which is a good thing to do moving forward to bring him along slowly. 

Last year, we got up early on Dallas before falling apart in the back half, which was pretty much our operating procedure last year. This year. we are pretty much the opposite, starting off slowly in most of our games while mounting the comebacks to bring the game close on the backend. I'm not overly optimistic about this game - I think that Dallas is just a better team, so I'm happy with a close loss in this one. I think Beathard will struggle a bit more in his first start - I'm seeing maybe a touchdown, a couple of picks, depending on how much we let him loose. 

My best guess would be something like 24-13 Dallas. 

From my GDT:

Zeke is in for the Cowboys as is Sean Lee it appears. Beathard in for the 49ers, and I would guess that we see Foster this game as well. Armstead is out, obviously, which leaves are defensive line pretty thin. Buckner needs to keep being Buckner and we need Thomas to build off last week's effort, which was certainly his best game of the year. 

This begins the 10 game audition for CJ beathard to show that there is something potentially there for the future. The guy is certainly a gamer, but I don't know that he's got the talent, so it'll be an interesting 10 games to watch. This is probably the best situation to put him in to give him the start prior to the bye week. The game is at home and Dallas' defense isn't great, so there's an opportunity to build some confidence. 

I'm not sure that Zeke is that big of a deal, to be honest. He's been very inefficient this year - not nearly what he was last year, and it's clear that their offensive line isn't what it was. That being said, Dak looks much better and is playing like a quarterback that doesn't need to have the running game he had last year, and the line is still good enough to stonewall any pressure we could bring given that we can struggle sometimes in getting to the quarterback. 

On defense, we are still doing pretty good against the run. We give up some bulk stuff, but efficiency wise, we've been pretty strong. Giving up less than 4 ypc, and FO has us currently residing at #13 on dvoa against the run. The pass is a different story. Our linebackers have really struggled in coverage, and Robinson has had a crazy Jeckyl / Hyde thing going on. Witherspoon continues to eat some snaps, which is a good thing to do moving forward to bring him along slowly. 

Last year, we got up early on Dallas before falling apart in the back half, which was pretty much our operating procedure last year. This year. we are pretty much the opposite, starting off slowly in most of our games while mounting the comebacks to bring the game close on the backend. I'm not overly optimistic about this game - I think that Dallas is just a better team, so I'm happy with a close loss in this one. I think Beathard will struggle a bit more in his first start - I'm seeing maybe a touchdown, a couple of picks, depending on how much we let him loose. 

My best guess would be something like 24-13 Dallas. 

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Do we continue our streak of losing by three points or less? That would be six consecutive games. And arguably the greatest season for any team that is trying to tank. Nothing but close competitive losses.

Can our running game get back on track? Hyde hasn't been able to get anything going the last two games. A better match up this week, but he hasn't been running with the same explosiveness as he did to start the season. 

Beathard gets a full week of practice with the starters, but also gets a team that gets to game plan for him. I don't expect all that good of a performance. I do recommend picking up Kittle for your fantasy teams though.

Defensively, the DL takes another hit with Armstead's injury. But it also puts Thomas in his more natural position. Hopefully Lynch is able to go.

Foster will likely be back which will be a big improvement over Coyle, but we do still have Armstrong....So yeah........

Can Robinson put together his third good game in a row? If so, it would give us a whole a lot more confident in him. 

Expecting to see more and more of Witherspoon. So far he hasn't done anything great or bad, just out there. Hopefully he gets tested more with the opportunity to make a play at the ball.

Ultimately, I see our streak of losing by three points or less ending.

Cowboys 27 49ers 17

The run game is something I'm interested in as well. Shanny makes a big deal about starting hyde, going to breida, then riding the hot hand one week...then did the exact opposite last week. Hyde didn't look great at all, and Breida looked alright in limited carries (only 4 for 20). I really don't know what we are doing there. 

I'm not expecting a great game for Beathard either. The key to me is just him looking like he belongs in some way shape, or form. Don't pull a Kevin Hogan, and I think it's a win for him and gives a little hope moving forward. I'm not buying him as QBotF, but he's got 10 games to prove me wrong. It's just going to be hard to do that in this situation in your first start. 

I'm predicting a victory here for the 7th week in a row, so this one has to happen. I'm also excited to just watch Demarcus Lawrence aka future free agent signing. 

Is Zeke playing? I havent followed that story line much, I've been too saturated by national anthems and Jamel Hill talk that I havent noticed what the latest is. 

I'm also looking forward to Solomon building off of last week, and our defense as a whole going up a pretty well rounded offense with a strong line, QB, receivers and run game. Should be their biggest test yet. 

Buckner does 2 grave digger sack dances

Foster lights up Dak on a QB draw

Beathard has the most rushing yards on the offense

Taylor and Beasley trade uniforms at halftime and nobody notices the difference. 

Archived