Week 7 GDT - Dallas Cowboys @ San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Dwight Clark Day on Sunday. Gonna be lots of people asking who cut the onions I already know. If you havent already, listen to Maiocco's podcast with Joe Montana its the best interview i've ever heard from Joe Cool and he spends most of the time talking bout Clark and his relationship. Really special stuff. 

I am smelling a win here. Especially if foster plays, I have confidence we will shut their running game down. Zeke has not looked great this year, he looks slow. Not going to say hes out of shape, but he certainly is not in as good of shape as he was last year. You can see he has a bit of a belly this year. Their OL hasnt been as dominant as it has been in the past. I just have this image in my head of Zeke doing some outside run early in the game where he pauses for a second looking for the cutback lane and BOOM - Foster lays him out and sets the tone for the rest of the afternoon. Foster seems like the type of guy that everyone will rally around once he starts making plays. Hes probably the most talented player on our team

I anticipate Eric Reid playing in the box a lot this week and helping in run support/covering Jason Witten. He should do really well in that regard. Then we should be trying to jam Dez at the line and keep Ward over the top. Dez is very physical, but the point is to disrupt the timing and force Dak to hold onto the ball.

Their defense really is mediocre without Sean Lee, who they should have this week. I expect us to have some success in the air against them

40 minutes ago, N4L said:

I anticipate Eric Reid playing in the box a lot this week and helping in run support/covering Jason Witten. He should do really well in that regard. Then we should be trying to jam Dez at the line and keep Ward over the top. Dez is very physical, but the point is to disrupt the timing and force Dak to hold onto the ball.

You expect to see a trio of Ward, Tartt, Reid on the field a lot? or do you think Tartt/Ward loses some snaps. 

I think Reid will be on the sideline a lot like he was last week with the development of Tartt's level of play. If we could get anything better than the comp pick I expect from a trade partner for Reid right now that would be awesome.

1 hour ago, 48 1/2ers said:

You expect to see a trio of Ward, Tartt, Reid on the field a lot? or do you think Tartt/Ward loses some snaps. 

I think Reid will be on the sideline a lot like he was last week with the development of Tartt's level of play. If we could get anything better than the comp pick I expect from a trade partner for Reid right now that would be awesome.

Yeah, i was going to post a topic...reid or tartt. Tartt is playing great, and apparently the staff loves him. Kc could use reid to replace berry for the year, pitt could use him. A couple teams should. I envision us getting free agents this summer, so i don't see a comp pick for reid being likely, even if we don't resign him. I'd be perfectly open to a trade

5 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I was saying that I'd expect Reid's snaps to increase this week. I didn't expect him to play every snap last week just because he had missed almost a month. 

I do really like the idea of all three on the field at the same time, although I don't expect it will happen much. Reid excels when he is close to the line of scrimmage. Other teams have utilized a S in a linebacker role and I think it's just a matter of getting your best players on the field. 

I've mentioned this a few times but a friend of mine played football at LSU a few years ago.. he told me Reid was going to sign with Carolina and that they had already been talking to him. Obviously that was before we exercised his option but who knows.. things change. Is Reid's brother still playing at Stanford? It does seem like he likes it here and I have to wonder how the kneeling thing will affect his free agency options. With that being said I am all for trading him to KC even though I don't like giving away defensive talent. 

6 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Zeke with the bye week probably will be in better shape. Foster certainly helps matters though.

I'm not so sure. He thought he was suspended I doubt he was ramping up his conditioning

Nah, I'm sure he was still working. His team knew there was a good chance the suspension was going to be delayed a bit. 

He's still a problem regardless. And our run defense despite the stats last week wasn't all that good until the end. 

9 hours ago, N4L said:

I was saying that I'd expect Reid's snaps to increase this week. I didn't expect him to play every snap last week just because he had missed almost a month. 

I do really like the idea of all three on the field at the same time, although I don't expect it will happen much. Reid excels when he is close to the line of scrimmage. Other teams have utilized a S in a linebacker role and I think it's just a matter of getting your best players on the field. 

I've mentioned this a few times but a friend of mine played football at LSU a few years ago.. he told me Reid was going to sign with Carolina and that they had already been talking to him. Obviously that was before we exercised his option but who knows.. things change. Is Reid's brother still playing at Stanford? It does seem like he likes it here and I have to wonder how the kneeling thing will affect his free agency options. With that being said I am all for trading him to KC even though I don't like giving away defensive talent. 

Thats some good info I'll be interested in seeing if Carolina becomes a landing spot. A transition to LB wouldnt be the worst move in the world if we wanted to look into keeping Reid past this year. He has the physical profile to pull it off, and maybe he develops into a Shaq Thompson role - which I think is the biggest piece this defense needs outside of corner. That would entail him rushing the passer at times and I dont know if Reid has the power/moves to have much success there. 

What is lowest burn%? Like basically completion percentage against? If so, 44% sounds about right. Just the last two games Robinson has only allowed 2 catches on 10 attempts, and to take it back to three games, it becomes 8 completions on 24 attempts. Hopefully the burn% takes into consideration penalties.

No surprise at all that Buckner ranks that high in QB pressures. He's been a beast all season.

And the rook ranks up there in run stuffs. Not bad.

Archived