89 members have voted

1. 1. What should they do?

• Pick Jamar Chase [WR] LSU
    • Pick Kyle Pitts [TE] Florida
    • Pick Penei Sewell [OT] Oregon
    • Trade Back
    • Other

41 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

But if the general consensus that the Bengals are down to Sewell and Chase, that question remains.

Assuming 1st-4th go with QBs, trading from 5th to 7th lets others take Sewell and Chase, as you say, leaving us with Pitts--not a bad consolation prize--at #7.  Not that anyone should be unhappy with DeVonta Smith (who comes into play if no one takes Fields).

Lawrence
Wilson
Jones
Fields
Sewell
Chase
Pitts
Smith

What order are you suggesting for 1st-7th (or 8th)?

1 hour ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

Assuming 1st-4th go with QBs, trading from 5th to 7th lets others take Sewell and Chase, as you say, leaving us with Pitts--not a bad consolation prize--at #7.  Not that anyone should be unhappy with DeVonta Smith (who comes into play if no one takes Fields).

Lawrence
Wilson
Jones
Fields
Sewell
Chase
Pitts
Smith

The original assumption is that Miami wanted one of Pitts, Chase, or Smith.  If Cincinnati goes with Chase after the Falcons take Pitts, does DeVonta Smith fall to them in a trade down to say 9?  I think Detroit would seriously consider him.

On 4/7/2021 at 8:18 AM, LinebackerGod said:

They would be moronic to not take Sewell with Burrow coming off an injury and an already solid WR group. This is also a crazy deep WR class. They could trade up into the late 1st and snag a guy like Bateman if they’re really that worried about surrounding him with weapons. But OL needs to be king for the Bengals. They’ll be the laughing stock of the NFL if they take a WR at 5. 

There's like 15 slot receivers that can be had in rounds 2-4.    Take the tackle Cincy.

1 hour ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

I think the only thing we know for sure is that QBs are going 1-3.  Atlanta is probably shopping for a haul, and if they get one I think they're willing to trade down.  IF they don't trade down, I think they're content taking Pitts there.  I think the Bengals are leaning towards Chase, but if for some reason Chase goes off the board before them then they'll pivot for an OL (likely Sewell).  Miami at 6 probably wanted one of Chase/Pitts, and probably anticipated Atlanta moving their pick to a QB-needy team.  Detroit is probably open for business at 7.  Don't really have a read on Carolina, but I'd guess OL with their pick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

There's like 15 slot receivers that can be had in rounds 2-4.    Take the tackle Cincy.

They don't need a slot WR, Tyler Boyd is one of the better ones in the NFL, they need an outside X WR who can win deep.  Chase as WR, lets Higgins be WR2, and Boyd works in the slot.  You are counting on Higgins as WR1 if you don't go Chase.  Higgins isn't a burner, but can win deep with size and hands.

They also signed Riley Reiff to play T if one they like isn't there at 38, then they can go IOL.  It won't be Bobby Hart or Fred Johnson at RT this year already.

Edited by THE DUKE
  • Like 1

If I were the Bengals, I would have them Pitts, Sewell, Chase. I think Pitts will be gone, even if Atlanta trades. I think the Bengals would take Chase.

We on this board would have a rowdy discussion of the best lineman to pick at the top of round 2, which to me is a sign that to wait is risky. However, I believe the building there would be comfortable with their evaluation and take their top round 2 tackle, and I would probably roll my eyes at who they pick... plus there could be an OT run from picks 20 to 32.

Edited by Techbert

I’m taking 

Chase

Pitts 

Sewell

But I could see it the total opposite way too. All 3 are blue chip elite players. I would be trying my hardest to find a quality starter in the second I just think Chase is the most special and you already know the connection works. Having Chase Higgins and Boyd long term would be scary. 

• Like 1