89 members have voted

1. 1. What should they do?

• Pick Jamar Chase [WR] LSU
    • Pick Kyle Pitts [TE] Florida
    • Pick Penei Sewell [OT] Oregon
    • Trade Back
    • Other

42 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

I love the idea that a 20 year old who hasn’t played live football in 2 years is going to come in and “protect” Burrow at RG. 

Hey now, you can be on #teamchase without slandering Sewell. Both are phenomenal prospects. Both will be very good for a long time. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Weird

I thought you were describing Chase until I saw you mention RG.

Defenses loaded the box and blitzed us every play because we had no deep threat last year. If you take Chase it forces teams to respect the speed. Plus the Bengals will be taking OL early, maybe even in both rounds 2 and 3. So we can protect Burrow without picking Sewell 

2 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

Defenses loaded the box and blitzed us every play because we had no deep threat last year. If you take Chase it forces teams to respect the speed. Plus the Bengals will be taking OL early, maybe even in both rounds 2 and 3. So we can protect Burrow without picking Sewell 

To be fair, it's much easier to find that than it is a stud OL to keep your franchise QB upright and safe.

2 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

Normally I’d agree with you, but this draft has a ton of slot WRs and few true deep threats 

Maybe at the top, yeah.

Still super easy for me to go protection over WR if you have them as similarly ranked/impact prospects. 

Just now, .Buzz said:

Maybe at the top, yeah.

Still super easy for me to go protection over WR if you have them as similarly ranked/impact prospects. 

I personally think having a stud WR is more important than having a stud OL. It’s more important to just have an above average OL to give time to hit your stud playmakers. 

Just now, Johnny Nix said:

I personally think having a stud WR is more important than having a stud OL. It’s more important to just have an above average OL to give time to hit your stud playmakers. 

I just think stud WRs are much easier to come by these days with how the college game is going. On the other hand, OL development/play has been poor to say the least. 

Have a chance to get a franchise level OT or a franchise WR? Gimme the OT without hesitation. Especially if you have a QB who you think has the traits to be a top 5-10 QB because they'll elevate those skill players around them. If they're just getting harrassed/hit every play on the other hand...