89 members have voted

1. 1. What should they do?

• Pick Jamar Chase [WR] LSU
    • Pick Kyle Pitts [TE] Florida
    • Pick Penei Sewell [OT] Oregon
    • Trade Back
    • Other

2 hours ago, Duluther said:

Good tackles who were day 2 and 3 picks are not common. This is a deep draft in the sense that many players have potential, but most will bust.

Take Sewell. 

I’d say most of the right tackles in the league are day 2 + players

39 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

I’d say most of the right tackles in the league are day 2 + players

Most of the good ones? 

Trent Brown was a 7th (although I suspect he re-takes the LT spot and Wynn shifts). Darryl Williams was a 4th. Havenstein was a mid-2nd. Braden Smith was a high 2nd. O’Neill was a 2nd. Collins was I drafted but likely would’ve been a 1st. The rest of the quality RTs that come to mind are 1st rounders - Bulaga, Johnson, Wirfs, Conklin, McGlinchey, Ramczyk. 

Probably missing a few. But yeah, tackle is one of those positions where the good ones are found early, IMO.

As we get to the draft, I'm even more sold on going Sewell (or even Slater) over Chase. The thing that it boils down to for me is this: For Chase to be worth the pick, he has to be a top 10 caliber bonafide stud. Anything short of that and its a wasted pick given the position. With OT, even if they don't reach the hype and are merely good/solid starters ala Eric Fisher, you can sleep at night and will likely not regret the pick. I think in the draft we are often guilty of using black and white judgements on players, either they hit their absolute upside or straight bust, and forget the whole spectrum of outcomes.