Who do you want at 10? Option #2

Texas_OutLaw7

What should we do at 10?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who is #2?

• Trade Up - No talent left that warrants a top 10 pick. Secure who we need.
    • Trade Down - Collect some more ammo, no one here is must have and we can get a good player later.
    • T. Lawrence, Clemson, QB
    • P. Sewell, Oregon, OL
    • K. Pitts, Florida, TE
    • J. Chase, LSU, WR
    • J. Waddle, Alabama, WR
    • R. Slater, Northwestern, OL
    • J. Fields, Ohio State, QB
    • D. Smith, Alabama, WR
    • Z. Wilson, BYU, QB
    • J. Owusu-Koramoah, Notre Dame, LB
    • J. Horn, South Carolina, CB
    • C. Darrisaw, Virginia Tech, OL
    • T. Lance, North Dakota State, QB
    • M. Parsons, Penn State, LB
    • M. Jones, Alabama, QB
    • A. Ojulari, Georgia, EDGE
    • A. Vera-Tucker, USC, OL

For people who voted Surtain last round, is that because you are voting for what you view as a realistic target, or because you truly want him over anything?

I would say that, as it sits today, I really hope we come out of this draft with Surtain. He’s a great fit for value/need, and it’s realistic for him to be on the board. And there are some nightmare scenarios (E.g., Parsons) that I hope to avoid. So Surtain is kind of my base case hope for the draft.

But there are several dream scenarios I’d take over him. Pitts and Sewell being no-brainers, IMO.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

For people who voted Surtain last round, is that because you are voting for what you view as a realistic target, or because you truly want him over anything?

I would say that, as it sits today, I really hope we come out of this draft with Surtain. He’s a great fit for value/need, and it’s realistic for him to be on the board. And there are some nightmare scenarios (E.g., Parsons) that I hope to avoid. So Surtain is kind of my base case hope for the draft.

But there are several dream scenarios I’d take over him. Pitts and Sewell being no-brainers, IMO.

Exactly. If this is who we want at 10, Surtain shouldnt be #1. Realistically he may be number 1 but if I had any choice, it would be Pitts, Chase, Sewell.

• Like 1

Again, it’s Pitts and Sewell for me. Those two are generational talents. And you guys know that I’ll never pass on a generational talent no matter what position he plays. You never let a superior player fall to another team. No team should ever improve at the known expense of your own.

20 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Again, it’s Pitts and Sewell for me. Those two are generational talents. And you guys know that I’ll never pass on a generational talent no matter what position he plays. You never let a superior player fall to another team. No team should ever improve at the known expense of your own.

Can you imagine passing on Pitts and having NYG or Philly take him right behind us?

The 2021 version of Randy Moss, but maybe even worse.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

5 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Can you imagine passing on Pitts and having NYG or Philly take him right behind us?

The 2021 version of Randy Moss, but maybe even worse.

I’d be furious. And, if you think you’ve seen me spit vile poison in my posts before, you should’ve seen the rage come out of me on draft day in ‘98 when we passed on Moss for Greg freaking Ellis.

Edited by plan9misfit

3 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I’d be furious. And, if you think you’ve seen me spit vile poison in my posts before, you should’ve seen the rage come out of me on draft day in ‘98 when we passed on Moss for Greg freaking Ellis.

And the crazy thing is that Ellis isn't even a bad player. Most years, if you get an 'Ellis' out of the 1st round, you are pretty happy. But to pass on a HOFer...for Ellis...Yikes. 

4 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

And the crazy thing is that Ellis isn't even a bad player. Most years, if you get an 'Ellis' out of the 1st round, you are pretty happy. But to pass on a HOFer...for Ellis...Yikes. 

That’s why you never pass on a generational talent. Ever. It always bites you in the back side. Do you think that the Oakland Raiders or Tampa Bay Bucs would’ve been significantly better teams had they drafted Adrian Peterson in 2007 rather than Jamarcus Russell and Gaines Adams? Everyone in the world knew that there were two, all-world, generational talents in that draft: Peterson and Calvin Johnson. Oakland passed on both of them, and Tampa passed on Peterson. And, we all know how Russell and Adams turned out (with no disrespect to Adams, who passed away in 2010, though the Bucs had already traded him).