NBA Fantasy Draft - Round 3 - NYRaider vs beekay414

MKnight82

Who's Team Would Win in a 7 Game Series?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who's Team Would Win in a 7 Game Series?

• NYRaider
    • beekay414

Pick NYRaider Position   Pick beekay414 Position
1 Kevin Durant F   1 Giannis Antetokounmpo F
2 Kyrie Irving G   2 Zach Lavine G
3 Pascal Siakam F   3 Kristaps Porzingis C
4 Gordon Hayward F   4 Lamelo Ball G
5 Serge Ibaka F   5 Jordan Clarkson G
6 Tyrese Haliburton G   6 Joe Ingles F
7 Malk Beasley G   7 Aaron Gordon F
8 Dwight Howard C   8 De'Anthony Melton G
9 Justin Holiday F   9 James Wiseman C
10 Davis Bertans F   10 Bogdan Bogdanovic F
11 Monte Morris G   11 Matisse Thybulle G
12 Kelly Olynyk F   12 Kyle Anderson F

@NYRaider

PG: Kyrie Irving | Tyrese Haliburton | Monte Morris 

SG: Malik Beasley | Justin Holiday 

SF: Kevin Durant | Gordon Hayward

PF: Pascal Siakam | Davis Bertans 

C: Serge Ibaka | Dwight Howard | Kelly Olynyk 

@beekay414

PG LaMelo Ball | De'Anthony Melton
SG Zach LaVine | Jordan Clarkson | Matisse Thybulle
SF Joe Ingles | Bogdan Bogdanovic 
PF Giannis Antetokounmpo | Aaron Gordon | Kyle Anderson
C Kristaps Porzingis | James Wiseman

2 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Undecided. Each guy should make their case.

Giannis, on offense, is surrounded by shooting, scorers, iso scorers at that so crunch time shouldn't be an issue. Scoring off the bench with Clarkson and Bogdan. Playmakers everywhere. Defensively, while the starting 5 looks like a sieve due to Giannis and Ingles being the only legit consistent defenders, that's where the bench rotation comes in with guys like Gordon, Melton and Thybulle. A small ball 5 unit run with Giannis at the 5 would be dangerous vs teams that think they can just space us out. If we need a stop, Melton, Thybulle, Ingles, Gordon, Giannis is the lineup. If we want to play a more balanced small ball lineup, Melton-LaVine-Ingles-Gordon-Giannis or either one of LaVine, Melo, Clarkson, Bogdan in the scoring guard spot. If we want to go big, we can run the Aaron Gordon or SloMo at PG lineup where he's more of the playmaker rather than the primary ball handler with some combination of Gordon/SloMo-LaVine/Bogdan-Ingles-Giannis-Porzingis with Porzingis being more of a threat at the top of the key as a shooting big.

I dunno, I just think there's so much this team can do that it's not as simple as looking at the starters and the bench by themselves. It's a fun team IMO.

9 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Giannis, on offense, is surrounded by shooting, scorers, iso scorers at that so crunch time shouldn't be an issue. Scoring off the bench with Clarkson and Bogdan. Playmakers everywhere. Defensively, while the starting 5 looks like a sieve due to Giannis and Ingles being the only legit consistent defenders, that's where the bench rotation comes in with guys like Gordon, Melton and Thybulle. A small ball 5 unit run with Giannis at the 5 would be dangerous vs teams that think they can just space us out. If we need a stop, Melton, Thybulle, Ingles, Gordon, Giannis is the lineup. If we want to play a more balanced small ball lineup, Melton-LaVine-Ingles-Gordon-Giannis or either one of LaVine, Melo, Clarkson, Bogdan in the scoring guard spot. If we want to go big, we can run the Aaron Gordon or SloMo at PG lineup where he's more of the playmaker rather than the primary ball handler with some combination of Gordon/SloMo-LaVine/Bogdan-Ingles-Giannis-Porzingis with Porzingis being more of a threat at the top of the key as a shooting big.

I dunno, I just think there's so much this team can do that it's not as simple as looking at the starters and the bench by themselves. It's a fun team IMO.

It's a fun team for sure. I like Giannis, spacing, and the depth. You have the best player in the series, good compliments to his skillset, and a lot of variety to the way your team can operate. Porzingis has been bad defensively this year but isn't bad overall. My concern for you is Raider has a top heavier team with more guys who can create for themselves without sacrificing any spacing or defense. My concern for him is all his starters are score-first and his three best playmakers are all on the bench. I wouldn't start the same lineup he is against you.

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

It's a fun team for sure. I like Giannis, spacing, and the depth. You have the best player in the series, good compliments to his skillset, and a lot of variety to the way your team can operate. Porzingis has been bad defensively this year but isn't bad overall. My concern for you is Raider has a top heavier team with more guys who can create for themselves without sacrificing any spacing or defense. My concern for him is all his starters are score-first and his three best playmakers are all on the bench. I wouldn't start the same lineup he is against you.

For sure. I mean, it is a semi finals matchup so you'd expect there to be some pushback. His team is definitely top heavy and name heavy but I didn't feel like I needed to build that way. I went for the best fits I could for Giannis and I think that team around him is good enough to beat anyone. Love what I did and I don't blame anyone for voting the other way.

On 4/7/2021 at 11:46 AM, Bullet Club said:

My concern for him is all his starters are score-first and his three best playmakers are all on the bench. I wouldn't start the same lineup he is against you.

My three best playmakers are on the bench? I'd say my 3 best playmakers are Kyrie, Haliburton, and Hayward. 

For this series I'd switch up my rotation and go: Irving - Haliburton - Durant - Siakam - Howard w/ Hayward, Ibaka, and Beasley as the first 3 off the bench. 

I like my teams switch ability on defense with that lineup and inserting Haliburton into the starting 5 would allow Kyrie to play on or off ball. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

My three best playmakers are on the bench? I'd say my 3 best playmakers are Kyrie, Haliburton, and Hayward. 

For this series I'd switch up my rotation and go: Irving - Haliburton - Durant - Siakam - Howard w/ Hayward, Ibaka, and Beasley as the first 3 off the bench. 

I like my teams switch ability on defense with that lineup and inserting Haliburton into the starting 5 would allow Kyrie to play on or off ball. 

In terms of playmaking for others there is no way Kyrie is top 3 on that team.

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

your team would look a lot better in my brain with hali starting at the 2 and malik coming off the bench

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

In terms of playmaking for others there is no way Kyrie is top 3 on that team.

So the best 3 playmakers for others would be Durant, Haliburton, and Hayward. I'd start two of those guys and bring Hayward off the bench as the primary playmaker with my second unit surrounded by shooters.