Poll: What would you do as the Raiders at pick 17?

Raiders Draft Options Poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like the Raiders to do most at pick 17?

• Draft Offensive Line
    • Trade Back, Draft Offensive Line
    • Draft Secondary
    • Trade Back, Draft Secondary
    • Trade Up For Something Crazy
    • None of the Above

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/10/2021 at 12:41 AM

I've seen a lot of different options for Raider Nation recently and I'm split between some good options given the talent that is in this draft.

Reaching out to Raider (and any one else who wants to play Mike Mayock) fans to see what YOU'D do in the hot seat at 17.

Thanks for voting and reading, check out my blog at https://realisticraiderfan.blogspot.com/ and on twitter @HBRRaiderFan

JUST WIN BABY!

I'm not a moderator or anything like that, but typically links to your personal twitter and then blog promotion is against the rules as like an ad type thing. If you post content and link like you cross posted from your blog to this site but more like a "source" for your post you'd probably be okay. Or post your tweets without necessarily saying "this is me, follow me" and then build conversation off that. Just a heads up so you don't get in trouble.

To answer I'm assuming the QBs go so that's 5 picks (Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, Lance, Jones).

Then if any of these guys are there take: Penei Sewell, Jamarr Chase, Devonta Smith, Kyle Pitts, Patrick Surtain, Rashawn Slater, Jalen Waddle, Micah Parsons

Other wise trade down for Tevin Jenkins, Alijah Vera-Tucker, Caleb Farley, Christian Darrisaw, Tyson Campbell, Jaycee Horn

Depending on how far down Jaelen Phillips, and Trevon Moehrig make sense to fill out a board. I like Phillips a lot, but I think his concussion history makes him available regardless of how far down we move in the first.

• Like 1

While there’s no Myles Garrett or Chase Young in this draft I love the value of some of the edge guys this year... but i know that it’s probably not happening. 

with that said the only pick Id love at 17 is Darrisaw. Aside from that, I’d like a trade back for Moehrig or Jenkins, in that order. 

there’s a legit possibility we could land Grant in the second, even if we need to move up a few spots

Edited by Turnobili

Had to do, 'none of the above' because too many variables. Sewell, Slater or Darrisaw I'd take in that order any other Tackle I want to trade down for. I'd take Moehrig over any of those other tackles if no trade down happens. I'd take Parsons over most players even Darrisaw. I see Jenkins as a Kevin Gogan. Serviceable RT better G and AVT I like better if I'm wanting to go that route. I've never seen a draft and our position in such a way that 'anything can happen' as usually it's easy to get an idea of who would be the pick but that's doesn't happen the way we as fans see it going down. 

Like a lot of posters have been saying, we have no freaking idea what's going to happen.  We have two glaring needs (RT, FS), doesn't mean we're going to draft either of those.  We could easily end up going DE, CB, or even WR if one of the top guys fall and Gruden gets twitchy.  I believe the last two years we didn't trade up or down to get a player we wanted, so I don't see that happening this year either.  I don't think there is a player worth trading up for unless it's a couple picks and the top 5-10 player just happens to be there at 14-15 range.  I assume we'll stand pat and draft a guy that 80% of us didn't want (Rousseau maybe?).  Who knows.

• Like 1

I would draft for secondary at pick #17, I think we can find someone to fill the need there. RT would be a good choice but at #17 that's a bit far back, I think defense at that spot works perfect. With the secondary as it is I say a FS that can cover would be good. 

I would prefer a trade down and then target a RT. I’m pretty upset that we are going into the draft with such glaring holes at FS and RT because it makes us predictable and easy to maneuver around. My least favorite choice would be Gregory Rousseau or Christian Barmore. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Preferably we'll trade back and still land Tevin Jenkins. 

Two scenarios that I'd like: 

Trade #17 (950) + #48 (420) to New York for #23 (760) + #34 (560)

Trade #17 (950) + #48 (420) to Jacksonville for #25 (720) + #33 (580)

im all over this, this is ideal and wed be able to get a top RT and FS and great value. 

On 4/7/2021 at 1:47 PM, NYRaider said:

Preferably we'll trade back and still land Tevin Jenkins. 

Two scenarios that I'd like: 

Trade #17 (950) + #48 (420) to New York for #23 (760) + #34 (560)

Trade #17 (950) + #48 (420) to Jacksonville for #25 (720) + #33 (580)

The RAIDERS will just take Jenkins at 17 because they have no savy and lock in on their guy. Then take either Grant or Holland round 2.

9 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

The RAIDERS will just take Jenkins at 17 because they have no savy and lock in on their guy. Then take either Grant or Holland round 2.

Darrisaw over Jenkins, and it’s a pretty solid first two rounds in my opinion, although I’m sure some disagree.