Poll: What would you do as the Raiders at pick 17?

Raiders Draft Options Poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like the Raiders to do most at pick 17?

• Draft Offensive Line
    • Trade Back, Draft Offensive Line
    • Draft Secondary
    • Trade Back, Draft Secondary
    • Trade Up For Something Crazy
    • None of the Above

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/10/2021 at 12:41 AM

18 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

If Darrisaw is gone, makes things pretty tough for me. I think it’d have to be Moehrig or Jenkins at that point. And this might not be popular, but I’d probably go Moehrig. Although I wouldn’t exactly be upset with Jenkins. 

Trading back would be ideal cause we'd likely still be able to get one of them. If we traded back with NY and swapped 17/48 for 23/34 there's even a chance we could land both. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If Jenkins is somehow gone by 17 I can't wait for the chaos that will erupt when we take Jaylen Mayfield #17. 

Please god no.... I have Mayfield as a Late 2nd. And Mayfield seems VERY immature personality wise. 

Also, yes, if Parsons and Darrisaw are gone, the correct move is absolutely trading down to the 24-30 range. However, I doubt they would do it. 

4 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Tevin Jenkins no matter what.  If he isn't there, kill the man who drafted him, and then draft Tevin Jenkins.

Jenkins is too raw and too boom or bust for me... and he still has a lot to learn technique wise. Some of his current style will definitely not translate to the NFL. Never has and never will. He'll have to adjust. I've seen many projections that he will play guard in the NFL, and I do agree with that analysis. 

Darrisaw is a much better prospect than Jenkins. The question is though, will Darrisaw fall to 17. 

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Jenkins is too raw and too boom or bust for me... and he still has a lot to learn technique wise. Some of his current style will definitely not translate to the NFL. Never has and never will. He'll have to adjust. I've seen many projections that he will play guard in the NFL, and I do agree with that analysis. 

Darrisaw is a much better prospect than Jenkins. The question is though, will Darrisaw fall to 17. 

I thought that until I watched the Brandon Thorn video. He's much more of a technician than I thought. Smart kid too. Plus a damn good RAS. And you know he'll be destroying ends in the run game early in his career. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I thought that until I watched the Brandon Thorn video. He's much more of a technician than I thought. Smart kid too. Plus a damn good RAS. And you know he'll be destroying ends in the run game early in his career. 

Thorn was ok with some of his huge flaws which I was surprised with... I wasn’t ok with them. Jenkins leans out way too far, also gets bad leverage a lot, and many other things. He needs a lotttt of coaching IMO. 

As for Brett Kollmann, not sure why the internet treats him as the holy grail. He’s just a YouTuber, who got extremely popular, and if people don’t think he does some videos due to players paying him, they are soarly mistaken. Kollmann has gotten so big, that his videos alone can move prospects up and down, especially in the media’s eyes. Reminds me of cryptocurrency in 2017. YouTubers were able to move certain coins up and down just with videos. 

And it would be totally 10000% legal for players to pay him to make a breakdown video hyping them up. If you asked him, guaranteed he would not comment. 

Jenkins should be a Late 1st/Early 2nd Prospect as almost all rankings universally have him at, and he’s also likely a guard at the next level. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Thorn was ok with some of his huge flaws which I was surprised with... I wasn’t ok with them. Jenkins leans out way too far, also gets bad leverage a lot, and many other things. He needs a lotttt of coaching IMO. 

As for Brett Kollmann, not sure why the internet treats him as the holy grail. He’s just a YouTuber, who got extremely popular, and if people don’t think he does some videos due to players paying him, they are soarly mistaken. Kollmann has gotten so big, that his videos alone can move prospects up and down, especially in the media’s eyes. Reminds me of cryptocurrency in 2017. YouTubers were able to move certain coins up and down just with videos. 

And it would be totally 10000% legal for players to pay him to make a breakdown video hyping them up. If you asked him, guaranteed he would not comment. 

Jenkins should be a Late 1st/Early 2nd Prospect as almost all rankings universally have him at, and he’s also likely a guard at the next level. 

I'm not sure about Kollmann here. But I think Thorn is one of the best in the business and I do think Jenkins can play right tackle very well. I agree Darrisaw is better, but I do think Jenkins is a top 20 caliber player. His hand use and power are really impressive to me. And he has a few bad habits, but I think they're very coachable.

I would try to trade back in round one and go bpa. But I would also try to trade up into 2 and 4. If we could get one pick in round 1 and 2 picks in 2 3 4 and 5. That would be ideal. Considering we haven't exactly killed the drafts the last few yrs (cough cough decade except one or 2) I would like to see more of shotgun approach. Get as many picks as possible. In the first 5 rounds. I would say 4 or 3 but we actually do pretty good in 5 usually. More picks More chances to hit.

6 minutes ago, BigD1123 said:

I would try to trade back in round one and go bpa. But I would also try to trade up into 2 and 4. If we could get one pick in round 1 and 2 picks in 2 3 4 and 5. That would be ideal. Considering we haven't exactly killed the drafts the last few yrs (cough cough decade except one or 2) I would like to see more of shotgun approach. Get as many picks as possible. In the first 5 rounds. I would say 4 or 3 but we actually do pretty good in 5 usually. More picks More chances to hit.

Yeah exactly. Either trade up for a difference maker (by 2-3 spots) or trade back to move up in the 2nd. Either way is good for me.