Bengals release RB Giovani Bernard

TheKillerNacho

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Houston is collecting RBs that haven't been good for a few years.

So, welcome to H-Town, Gio. Hope you're not a fan of massages, I think anyone worth a damn in that industry ran up I-35 to Dallas...

What are you talking about? I heard messages have been contributing to the growth of the economic pillar of society in Houston for quite a while now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Nix said:

Take into account the horrible oline 

And yet a good portion of your fanbase wants a WR/TE with that #5 pick, especially in light of what happened to Burreaux last year. That's strange to me.

Just now, MWil23 said:

And yet a good portion of your fanbase wants a WR/TE with that #5 pick, especially in light of what happened to Burreaux last year. That's strange to me.

Because the draft is deep at OL especially in rounds 2 or 3. I think Sewell is overrated 

Just now, Johnny Nix said:

Because the draft is deep at OL especially in rounds 2 or 3. I think Sewell is overrated 

Perhaps, but acquiring a high level WR/TE when you already have 3 very capable position players to go with your franchise QB is weird...if anything, I'd say a trade back makes sense. A couple of OL and a few guys on your front 7 would go a long way.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Perhaps, but acquiring a high level WR/TE when you already have 3 very capable position players to go with your franchise QB is weird...if anything, I'd say a trade back makes sense. A couple of OL and a few guys on your front 7 would go a long way.

I think a trade back frequently makes sense for Cincinnati and I'm pretty sure they never move.

edit: 2020 no trades, 2019 they moved back 10 spots from Drew Lock to Drew Sample in the second, moved up in the 4th for Finley. 2018 traded back from Vita Vea to Billy Price and a few more. I guess they just didn't trade during 2020.

Edited by Trojan

19 minutes ago, Nut said:

Isn't there a PFF article that says CIN's offensive is actually average?

He's not the most effecitve runner, but he can still contribute as a third down back.

There is a PFF article that says the 49ers offensive line was like a top 10 unit last year when they were one of the worst pass blocking lines in football (they are an elite run blocking unit which PFF weighs quite heavily). So would need context. That line was pretty awful last year. Riley Reiff is actually a very positive step forward imo. That could help make them something closer to average, but I haven't dug into the rest of their line or anything. 

By pass block win rate, Cincinnati was 29th or 30th. FO had them 24th in adjusted sack rate (which is basically their pass blocking offensive line metric, I believe). I love PFF stats, I don't love their rankings and grades.