Bills sign former Chargers 2nd round pick OG Forrest Lamp to 1 year deal

Trentwannabe

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

It will be interesting as he has had injury history maybe this will pay off and put some more competition at the LG spot with Ford and Ike. Not sure if he is flexible and could be a RG but the depth should be there for them if need be. 

He has the ability to play both guard position IMO. In fact, his rookie season he was the RG starter in training camp before tearing his ACL. He hasn’t quite been the same since. I was super high on him too. It was just unfortunate what happened.

• Like 1

Yeah I wish Lamp the best, tore his ACL in training camp his rookie year (by all accounts was having a good camp) and just never got on track with us.  Last year was his first healthy season and wasn’t anything special, in fact, if you go by PFF, he was one of the worst graded guards in the league. Allowed a ton of pressures. In his defense, the line as a unit was pretty god awful, so could be a myriad of things - injuries regressed his game, bad coaching, miscommunication with his line mates, or he’s simply just not good.  Fairly certain a couple plumbers and a tool and dye guy could start on the Chargers o line at this point, so the fact they didn’t bring him back says something.  But maybe a new team/staff, plus another year removed from injury will revive his career

7 hours ago, Gmen said:

But seriously, a lot of people loved Lamp.  I remember him rising up the draft boards.  Some people saw him as a first round pick IIRC.  What happened?

He just never found the light in the Chargers “system.” It’s hard to evaluate him. There was zero continuity, overall talent level of the line was low & then health. He definitely contributed to the lack of linemen being available on game day. I hope he finds success in Buffalo, had high hopes for him in San Diego but... things didn’t work out. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gmen said:

But seriously, a lot of people loved Lamp.  I remember him rising up the draft boards.  Some people saw him as a first round pick IIRC.  What happened?

Injuries. I say it's the ChargIRs curse. That's one dude I was confident would pan out. Coming out, he had tackle feet, ridiculous grip strength, and a stout anchor. Only things he really lacked were tackle length and mauling power. But dude looked like he'd be a solid run blocker and a great pass protector inside. And then he basically lost his first three years to various serious injuries. I wouldn't be surprised if he rebounds in Buffalo.