Jets: 25th - 18.2.....13th - 21.7

Dolphins: 32nd - 12.2.....3rd - 16.8

Yards per game (offense/defense)

Jets: 21st - 318.7.....25th - 358

Dolphins: 32nd - 242.8.....11th - 297

Offense Rank (Pass/Rush)

Jets: 22nd/18th

Dolphins: 32nd/27th

I want to see no hangover from last week, get up and play mad. I expect us to go into Miami and win, prediction: 24-17 

I felt going into this season that the only difference between Miami and us was Ryan Tannehill. Without him, we actually have the better QB play right now. Incredible but true. 

We have to get back to establishing the run to win on the road against a divisional opponent. This is their revenge game, for sure, and Jay Ajayi ran wild against us last season in Miami. 

If we can bounce back from that lame call against ASJ and win a real gut-check game like this, then I think it will make believers out of a lot of us. We are 1-2 inside the division right now. It'd be nice to even our record because we only have 2 more games inside the division after Sunday.

J-E-T-S.

I think we lose this one. We were incredibly lucky to even beat Cleveland. NE spotted us 14 and even though we had a blown call we still let them run and pass at will. I love that our guys are motivated and playing hard but we still arent very good. Even our "best" defensive players are leaving a lot left to be desired. I am looking at you Leonard Williams, and i have given up on you Mo Wilkerson. We need a play maker in the worst way on this defense. Adams and Maye have been very solid but they arent difference makers just yet. Leo has really been disappointing. He hasn't played bad, but we arent stopping the run and we arent generating pressure. IMO this defense is more of a weakness than a strength right now which is sad considering how many top picks weve invested in it. I think we struggle in the swamp this weekend.

Jets 13

Dolphins 23

These divisional games are always tough. I think we lose this one in close sloppy battle Miami 20 Jets 17.

I'm hoping to see continued good play from ASJ and Claiborne. Two really good pickups by the Jets. The TE position finally looks good for a change. We've been trying to figure that position out for years.

I'm shocked how bad our run D is.  With Mo and Williams anchoring that front there is no way it should be that bad.  I get the whole not sacking the QB a ton since we don't have the pass rushers but we always had a good run D even when we were awful.  I'm shocked how far we've fallen in that area.

53 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I'm shocked how bad our run D is.  With Mo and Williams anchoring that front there is no way it should be that bad.  I get the whole not sacking the QB a ton since we don't have the pass rushers but we always had a good run D even when we were awful.  I'm shocked how far we've fallen in that area.

I agree but at some point we have to except that neither are that good. Leo I think is much better than Mo but still far from a difference maker we thought he'd be when we drafted him. I also hate the scheme we play and its needed to change for a long time. Mo likely gone this offseason and we should really look to find a butt plug of a DT to anchor that line. 

15 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

This ain’t the same Dolphins team we beat. They look a lot better right now.

One half of good offense does not a new team make. I'm not ready to say that the Fins O has turned a corner.

The LB corps being stablizied by the return of Timmons and Mualauga, however, has had a huge impact on the defense.

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

I agree but at some point we have to except that neither are that good. Leo I think is much better than Mo but still far from a difference maker we thought he'd be when we drafted him. I also hate the scheme we play and its needed to change for a long time. Mo likely gone this offseason and we should really look to find a butt plug of a DT to anchor that line. 

I agree with that anchor idea.  I too prefer a pair of run stuffers at DT and I think Leo can be one and a good one.  You would think as an probowl 3-4 DE so could Wilk but he just hasn't been able to handle the double teams and hold his ground like he used to.  We can't have him get pushed back constantly.  I think we move on from him after this year and eat that money.  We should have plenty of cap to do that and not feel it.  I think some hybrid version of a 2-4 or 4-2 front with five DBs as the base defense we should be going for.  Those DE/OLB hybrid guys should be strong enough to set the edge but also get after the QB.  I hope Ealy can be one.  I'd like to see Simon up here because he has played well when on the field.  I think he can be that space eater and hold the line against the double teams because in nickel you need to DT's who can double gap and eat up space.  What we really lack is that other DE opposite Ealy who can get after the QB.  That is the biggest need on defense IMO even more so than CB.  With the FA market an unlikely source for that guy I think we maybe need to address it with our 1st rounder or that early 2nd.  Guess it depends on what we do at QB (round 1 or trade up into late 1st).  

6 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Through 6 games PFF has the Jets defense ranked dead last at 32. I know they are questionable but that is bad.

if the Dolphins play the way they did against ATL and get the run going it’s gonna be a long day 

I tell you one thing the New England Pat defensive is worst than ours. I don't care what PFF says.  The different is time of position, with Brady the Pat offensive is on the field much long than our offensive. And I am not sure Miami can bet us, on paper yes, something is not right with that team this year. I guess losing your starting QB has made a big difference.  I though the Jets had a good chance of winning a very close game. I also though that we has a lock on the Playoffs a couple of years ago till Bowles & Fitz really &^#* that up. I am still going out on a limb Jets17 Miami 16

45 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Why are we still playing Mo Wilkerson? Seriously why is he still getting snaps?

hes “hurt” and dogging it. You can just say he’s not healthy, we don’t take anymore risks and he does t have to play anymore. It makes too much sense?

Because we have no one behind him that better

Archived