Darnold to Panthers, Thoughts?

Panthers trade for quarterback Sam Darnold

So with the Panthers trading for Sam Darnold, what are everyones thoughts on the matter?

I think they overpaid but its hard to judge Darnold on the Jets with Adam Gase

I was under the impression that Bridgewater played pretty well or at least decent but some the Panthers fans disagreed with me and they probably know better

In the end, I think this makes them better, Rhule did a great job last year with them and I think he can turn Darnold around

imo if the Falcons dont get some help on D, the Panthers could be outplaying them for sure, and honestly with Brees gone, I also think the Panthers are a sneaky good pick to finish 2nd in the NFC South ( right behind us ;) )

I think it was good move by the Jets, as I've never been a promoter of Sam Darnold as a franchise QB type dating back to his USC days. He still struggles with the same issues he did then. I've always seen him more of a guy you can get to the playoffs with if you surround him with good talent, he's just not going to elavate  anyone that isn't at that level. 

With that said, he's an upgrade on Bridgewater who is an NFL back-up (thank goodness we didn't end up pursuing him last year). 

I truly think that if Deshaun Watson didn't run into the legal troubles recently, he'd be a Carolina Panther by the draft. Hell, if he ends up getting cleared, they may pursue him next offseason.

I think Darnold is going to be in a much better spot with way more weapons and a good coach, so there is no excuse for him now. 

I think the Cats are using every available resource to find the elusive franchise Qb.  Just because you try, doesn t mean you succeed.  Look no further, then the Bucs history.

I think Bridgewater and Darnold are the same level Qb.  At this point, I think Jameis is a better Qb then Darnold.  

40 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

With that said, he's an upgrade on Bridgewater who is an NFL back-up (thank goodness we didn't end up pursuing him last year). 

you can say that again! im with you i was completely against signing Bridgewater

17 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

At this point, I think Jameis is a better Qb then Darnold.  

whoa whoa, chill