Guys...I hate to tell you this, but I believe we're trading up in the 1st RD of the Draft.

I believe Washington is gonna want to hit on another "blue chip" prospect. They probably don't believe that blue chipper will be there at 19 & I believe they're right.

Having Cowboys, Giants & Eagles in back-to-back-to-back picks certainly raises the ante.

Now, who Washington is targeting is a good question.

Yes, we don't need a TE. But Pitts is a generational TE that you take, if you can get him as Turtle alluded too. He's arguably the best non-QB on the board this draft. And Thomas is a converted QB to TE who played very well. That doesn't mean you pass on the next Tony Gonzalez, because you have a Thomas.

He sooo good?

That we would go from the bottom 5 Offenses in the League to the top 10 with Kyle Pitts added, along side Curtis Samuels & others. 

So yes, that's worth a trade up.

Sewell presents a huge need. You could say that LT is our biggest need on the team, since Trent left. I also really can't disagree.

The question is? Is Sewell that much better than the next OT on the board. I've seen mocks with that other dude picked before Sewell. 

Anyway you slice it, it would fill a need for this team.

These are the 2, I believe we are targeting.

But how can we leave out QB? Could they have their eye on Lance, Jones or Fields? Possibly...

But I don't think so....why?

Because for a trade up this significant, you would expect that QB to start right away or that specific player to play immediately. Not ride the bench for a season. Those days are gone....

Fitzmagic will certainly be starting. Heinicke & Allen will be backup, unless one miraculously wins the job.

I do think we draft a QB. But not till after the 1st Rd.

Love the big 3 WR's this draft, but no way we use a 1st on Smith, Chase or Waddle after signing Samuels.

I would love it if they did....but don't think that will happen.

But I do think they want Pitts and/or Sewell.

13 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I believe Washington is gonna want to hit on another "blue chip" prospect. They probably don't believe that blue chipper will be there at 19 & I believe they're right.

Having Cowboys, Giants & Eagles in back-to-back-to-back picks certainly raises the ante.

Now, who Washington is targeting is a good question.

Yes, we don't need a TE. But Pitts is a generational TE that you take, if you can get him as Turtle alluded too. He's arguably the best non-QB on the board this draft. And Thomas is a converted QB to TE who played very well. That doesn't mean you pass on the next Tony Gonzalez, because you have a Thomas.

He sooo good?

That we would go from the bottom 5 Offenses in the League to the top 10 with Kyle Pitts added, along side Curtis Samuels & others. 

So yes, that's worth a trade up.

Sewell presents a huge need. You could say that LT is our biggest need on the team, since Trent left. I also really can't disagree.

The question is? Is Sewell that much better than the next OT on the board. I've seen mocks with that other dude picked before Sewell. 

Anyway you slice it, it would fill a need for this team.

These are the 2, I believe we are targeting.

But how can we leave out QB? Could they have their eye on Lance, Jones or Fields? Possibly...

But I don't think so....why?

Because for a trade up this significant, you would expect that QB to start right away or that specific player to play immediately. Not ride the bench for a season. Those days are gone....

Fitzmagic will certainly be starting. Heinicke & Allen will be backup, unless one miraculously wins the job.

I do think we draft a QB. But not till after the 1st Rd.

Love the big 3 WR's this draft, but no way we use a 1st on Smith, Chase or Waddle after signing Samuels.

I would love it if they did....but don't think that will happen.

But I do think they want Pitts and/or Sewell.

Mahomes was a trade up and sat. Teams do whatever they feel is best for the player when they have veteran staffs or a staff comfortable with their job. No team taking Lance even if they trade up are planning on him starting unless he looks head and shoulders better then whatever else they have.

Trading up for Lance would be insane. But you do crazy things for your guy. If he’s their guy who I have thought before this process started he was you just never know. It’s a serious gamble

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

Mahomes was a trade up and sat. Teams do whatever they feel is best for the player when they have veteran staffs or a staff comfortable with their job. No team taking Lance even if they trade up are planning on him starting unless he looks head and shoulders better then whatever else they have.

Trading up for Lance would be insane. But you do crazy things for your guy. If he’s their guy who I have thought before this process started he was you just never know. It’s a serious gamble

Mahomes is a good comparison to me,not how good Mahomes is now but how he viewed as a project coming out.
Think It's why I'd be ok trading into the 7-13 range(Like the Chiefs did) for Lance but not okay with trading to 4 for him it's find to take a loan and gamble on QB but don't think you mortgage the farm for a project

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

Mahomes is a good comparison to me,not how good Mahomes is now but how he viewed as a project coming out.
Think It's why I'd be ok trading into the 7-13 range(Like the Chiefs did) for Lance but not okay with trading to 4 for him it's find to take a loan and gamble on QB but don't think you mortgage the farm for a project

Exactly you can’t trade up to 4. You can move to 8 you can move as far as I think 7. All of that is a very rich cost but not the RG level deal 4 would be. As much as I love Lance and as much as I believe next year isn’t the year to need a QB I think patience will pay off. I know teams are all going crazy but I think the next move is for Fields. And I think the next move after that is for Pitts. I think of those move those teams will be the teams that would have been considered comp or a spot for Lance. I think it’s likely we move up for Lance as long as it’s closer to 10 then to pick 5. I could be wrong but if we weren’t serious about Watson and trading those types of picks for him how can you think we’re going to pay the pick 4 type price for Lance. Yes that’s a lesser haul then the reported Watson pick’s back when that story was crazy. But that haul you do IMO have to play him. What I think it cost to get to 8 or so yes it’s up there but you can still justify sitting him

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

I read ( speculation ) 4 would cost 1,2,3 this year, 1 and 2 next and a 1 the following .

That's because of the panic for QBs.

5-9 could be cheaper, but realistically, Washington would need to trade up with Minnesota at 14 to then leap over the rest of the NFC East.

Love Lance. But not that much. If he’s their guy they will do it because if their right they will believe they can draft mid rounders to continue infusing the roster. And while it was pretty cool seeing this team compete against Tampa and buy into the staff and it was clear that a bright QB on this roster could put us in our window this would be the ultimate gamble. A guy with one year man the things teams even consider for a QB baffles me lol

• Like 1

To even add to that I’d be like Atlanta y’all can’t even afford to sign the forth overall pick and then pay another prospect. This would be a crazy dynamic we could actually maybe pick up something else because their financial situation. They actually need to dump this pick and get cheaper. I wouldn’t pay that reported price. And I know that’s what the rate is. I believe in Lance but I see what we’ve been doing with our picks just because everyone else is chasing doesn’t mean I’m getting in line. I’d just keep building a defense that the addition of a Jamin Davis and Paris Ford could literally make one of the scariest defense’s I can even think about in recent memory.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Figured I would bump this. Specially, considering the rumored reports from Bill Standig & others.

I'm telling you guys...It's for either Kyle Pitts or Sewell. 

A TE like Kyle Pitts would completely change the Offense & it's potential.

A LT like Sewell would be a huge upgrade at a huge need for Fitzmagic.

Both would go top 5, if for not 3 QB's going back-to-back-to-back in this draft.

I think we end up trading up to #7 with Detroit, but who knows at this point. Maybe Carolina with all the connections?

I also think Scherff is possible bait, but not a definite.

I'm so pumped! Can't wait!

32 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Figured I would bump this. Specially, considering the rumored reports from Bill Standig & others.

I'm telling you guys...It's for either Kyle Pitts or Sewell. 

A TE like Kyle Pitts would completely change the Offense & it's potential.

A LT like Sewell would be a huge upgrade at a huge need for Fitzmagic.

Both would go top 5, if for not 3 QB's going back-to-back-to-back in this draft.

I think we end up trading up to #7 with Detroit, but who knows at this point. Maybe Carolina with all the connections?

I also think Scherff is possible bait, but not a definite.

I'm so pumped! Can't wait!

Not sure if Sewell or Pitts makes it to 7. If they don’t you’re looking at Chase or Parsons. Would we trade up then? Big trade up for a non QB! I’m pumped up as well!

Trading up, i could buy. Trading up to 4? I don't see Atlanta doing that.

The target point is more likely 13 for either the falling QB (insert whomever you think that is) or Micah Parsons. New England is the main concern.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Woz said:

Trading up, i could buy. Trading up to 4? I don't see Atlanta doing that.

The target point is more likely 13 for either the falling QB (insert whomever you think that is) or Micah Parsons. New England is the main concern.

I can’t see the top 5 I think it’s 7-9. I think that’s the best we can do. Hopefully if we do we strike gold!!!