Who do you want at 10? Option #3

Texas_OutLaw7

What should we do at 10?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who is #3?

• Trade Up - No talent left that warrants a top 10 pick. Secure who we need.
    • Trade Down - Collect some more ammo, no one here is must have and we can get a good player later.
    • T. Lawrence, Clemson, QB
    • P. Sewell, Oregon, OL
    • J. Chase, LSU, WR
    • J. Waddle, Alabama, WR
    • R. Slater, Northwestern, OL
    • J. Fields, Ohio State, QB
    • D. Smith, Alabama, WR
    • Z. Wilson, BYU, QB
    • J. Owusu-Koramoah, Notre Dame, LB
    • J. Horn, South Carolina, CB
    • C. Darrisaw, Virginia Tech, OL
    • T. Lance, North Dakota State, QB
    • M. Parsons, Penn State, LB
    • M. Jones, Alabama, QB
    • A. Ojulari, Georgia, EDGE
    • A. Vera-Tucker, USC, OL

1 hour ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

I went Slater over Sewell too. I have them ranked just about even, but Slaters tape vs Chase Young breaks the tie for me.

Might want to take a look at his tape against Zach Baun if we are making million dollars decisions on small sample sizes.

That’s a little sarcastic. I agree with Slater as a really good prospect and legit top-10 talent.

But Penei Sewell won the starting LT job at Oregon when he was 17, was out there just punking dudes at 18 and won the Outland trophy at 19. The skill set, size, and athleticism at his age is rare.

So yes, Slater is a good prospect, with a lot of impressive tape, who is worthy of the #10 selection. But Sewell is special. That’s IMO, at least. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Think of the freakish athleticism and youth of Smith - only he actually played LT in college. lol

Tyron was still growing into his body at draft time. There was a lot of projection to say he could eventually get to 320+ and be able to do it still. Sewell is already a full grown man. He’s like Tyron after a couple years in the league (without the freakish wingspan).

Tyron maximized himself, so is Sewell going to be better? Tough to say. But Sewell is a better prospect than Tyron was coming out, in my eyes.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, eagles suck said:

The edge is that Slater is proven to play multiple positions across the line.

I promise you, Oregon could have lined Sewell up at any of 4 OL positions, and he would have had a stellar college career at them all.

Also, a fun note, Dallas has 3 starting OL who were left tackles in college (Williams, Martin, Collin), and their actual LT (Tyron) is the only non-center who didn’t play it in school.

This, IMO, is barely even significant enough to be a legitimate tie-breaker, much less a primary reason.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz