Weak spots in the 2021 draft?

The RBs are pretty meh.  Two known quantities and pick your poison.

I don't think DT is as bad as some.  If you include all the 3-4 DEs, at least.

ILB I think is good overall, but there's a big gap after the first six or so and the rest.

Interior OLs are pretty weak.  Average Cs, way below average OGs, with almost all the early talent being OTs that can play guard.

I do think the QB class is average in overall strength, but the quality is weirdly concentrated at the top.  But that might be because there's a once in a decade prospect in it.

• Like 1
On 4/8/2021 at 5:26 PM, CWood21 said:

Again, that's just a preference.  I mean, what separates Davis Mills from Davis Webb?  What separates Kellen Mond from Easton Stick?  This QB class after the top few are the same as the other classes.  You probably find a few quality backups, maybe a spot starter, and most will be out fo the league before their rookie contracts are up.

Again, just a matter of preference.

Again, the farther you move down the draft, the more flawed they get.  That's the same as every other year.

These responses seem a little bitter when combined with the previous response you made... 

You dismiss his opinion as just a preference but state your opinion as fact? (Nope.  They're all relatively similar prospects to other years. This is the case every year.  You're likely not finding a starting-caliber QB outside of Day 1.  This year is no different. etc.)

Stating that flaws increase as you get lower in the draft is common sense (unless you're a Raiders fan) and doesn't remove the possibility of the draft having stronger and weaker position groups on paper...

This is the weakest DT class that I think I can ever remember. I like Barmore in round 1 but that's it. 

Theres a few run plugs you can get in the mid rounds, and one of my "sleepers" in Jalen Twyman.

Very underwhelming.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Ryno said:

These responses seem a little bitter when combined with the previous response you made... 

You dismiss his opinion as just a preference but state your opinion as fact? (Nope.  They're all relatively similar prospects to other years. This is the case every year.  You're likely not finding a starting-caliber QB outside of Day 1.  This year is no different. etc.)

Stating that flaws increase as you get lower in the draft is common sense (unless you're a Raiders fan) and doesn't remove the possibility of the draft having stronger and weaker position groups on paper...

Not sure what is bitter about my post...but let's continue.

The original comment about the QB depth was brought up with no supporting evidence.  I argued otherwise using similar prospects in terms of value.  As I've mentioned in past years, finding a starting-caliber QB on Day 2 or Day 3 is exceedingly rare and it's even more unlikely you find a franchise QB.  When you get into more flawed prospects, you're getting into a matter of preference which is why I'm arguing that this QB depth shortage isn't actually a thing.  What separates Kellen Mond from someone like Easton Stick?

DT as mentioned. Quite clearly a weak group. I think I like 3-4 guys total, and two might be gone before our 2nd rounder.

If you’re a team in need of pass-rush in the top 15 you’d probably lament this group of pass-rushers. You’re forced to consider someone who is  either carrying huge injury flags, incredibly raw as a prospect, or very undersized/Specialized. There’s not one surefire pick in the bunch. I’d feel a bit better as a 3-4 squad this year. 

Also think it’s a tough year to want to wait until round 3+ for a CB on the outside. Got some nickel depth. But the outside guys are total longshots. 

It’s debatable, but the later round RBs look a bit thinner than usual. Usually I can compile a 3-man list of guys I’d be happy with between round 4-7. This year there might truly be 1. Maybe a less certain two? I’ve felt better about the depth. 

On 4/14/2021 at 11:39 AM, CWood21 said:

Not sure what is bitter about my post...but let's continue.

The original comment about the QB depth was brought up with no supporting evidence.  I argued otherwise using similar prospects in terms of value.  As I've mentioned in past years, finding a starting-caliber QB on Day 2 or Day 3 is exceedingly rare and it's even more unlikely you find a franchise QB.  When you get into more flawed prospects, you're getting into a matter of preference which is why I'm arguing that this QB depth shortage isn't actually a thing.  What separates Kellen Mond from someone like Easton Stick?

I'm honestly curious as to what the last class was that had "good QB depth" in the later rounds going into the draft lol

2012 I guess, though I would argue that Cousins as a prospect wasn't leagues ahead of a Mills/Newman type guy.