2021 ROOKIE QB's---- Who hits, who's OK, who busts?

squire12

1 minute ago, Starless said:

that's part of it, yeah

but also just the general vibe I get from him. Maybe I'm just biased against guys named McCorkle...

I said something similar today, so I get it.  I'm not digging the Mccorkle vibe as a guy I want to invest 3 first round picks and 30 million dollars into

• Like 1

On 4/27/2021 at 3:11 PM, DutchFalcon said:

Wilson - If I'm Wilson I'm praying the Jets won't take me but the 49'ers do. Highest ceiling of these QB's imo and with good coaching could become an elite QB. If he ends up in New York I think he will become a Staffordesque player. He will consistently post good/great numbers while playing on a bad team while relying a bit too much on his arm talent to make the step up into elite territory. If somehow the Jets can give him the protection and coaching he needs he will turn into the best QB of this draft.

Well if he's heading to the Jets he's being coached by Saleh and Mike LaFleur. Essentially 49ers East. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

So one DUI four years ago means he really likes things involving alcohol?   Wow these takes are classy. 

These takes are pragmatic. You're about to invest 30 million dollars and the key to your job into this kid

Call me crazy, I think the margins are fairly thin and I want to know if he's Johnny Manziel. 

So get out of here with that "this doesn't matter" crap when guys like fields are getting the vague "I hear questions about his work ethic and character" stuff. These margins are ultra thin and he actually has a noted and published character incident. Oh, and let's not forget that he actually got into a car accident and that's how he got busted. This stuff 100% matters. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Forge said:

These takes are pragmatic. You're about to invest 30 million dollars and the key to your job into this kid

Call me crazy, I think the margins are fairly thin and I want to know if he's Johnny Manziel. 

So get out of here with that "this doesn't matter" crap when guys like fields are getting the vague "I hear questions about his work ethic and character" stuff. These margins are ultra thin and he actually has a noted and published character incident. Oh, and let's not forget that he actually got into a car accident and that's how he got busted. This stuff 100% matters. 

Of course you do your due diligence when you're investing that kind of money!  One alcohol related event 4 years ago (as dangerous as it was) does not equal making him sound like a booze-loving alcoholic.  Johnny Manziel?   You mean the guy who excelled bcuz of God-given talent but never fully applied himself with a proper work ethic?   Mac Jones clearly turned it around from his FR year buried on the bench and became the leader that is now known for his stellar work ethic.  I don't know if he will excel in the NFL or whether he's worth the 3rd overall pick but the Bama fatigue is hilarious.  And if the Niners do draft him and he balls out, I look fwd to Shanahan getting sole credit for his success in takes everywhere.

Should Fields be known for quitting on his Georgia teammates simply bcuz he transferred to Ohio St when he saw how the depth chart?  Should we be concerned if Zach Wilson ever drank coffee or soda while at BYU even though it's forbidden by the university?  Of course these are ludicrous takes which is the norm for this time of year and that's not even getting into the racial elements of those coming after Fields.  It's absolutely ridiculous but you're feeding into the character attacks yourself by saying stuff like you did about Jones.

9 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Should Fields be known for quitting on his Georgia teammates simply bcuz he transferred to Ohio St when he saw how the depth chart?

Yes it should be weighed. And it's been brought up in the niner forum multiple times and people being it up on niner twitter.  I have less of an issue with that than I do mac's indiscretions though. Lance has nothing in aware of. 

It has nothing to do with bama fatigue and the fact that you're putting that out there tells me that this isn't going to be a discussion you  and I can have. 

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

It has nothing to do with bama fatigue and the fact that you're putting that out there tells me that this isn't going to be a discussion you  and I can have. 

Esp when you skipped over everything else I said lol

6 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Esp when you skipped over everything else I said lol

I didnt need to address it. I have concerns over him as a person and his drinking. I can't say for sure his work ethic is great. You don't have those concerns. Good for you. 

Seems to me your biggest problem is that I criticized an alabama player though

I say 2/5 bust at the very least Now which of them bust remains to be seen. If I had to predict I’ll say Mac jones ends up being a career backup, and a good one at that, maybe has a season or 2 later in his career in relief that’s solid and overall is viewed as a bust. I could also see lance flat out being a bust if he goes to the wrong situation. Fields and Wilson are in the same boat for me I think they have all the makings of a good prospect but you really never know things could go south. The only thing that could even hold Trevor Lawrence back is his own will to win Or the team around him imo because he has everything you want in a qb.

Wilson. I don’t trust the Jets to develop a QB and it’s the worst situation any of the top 5 are going to. Aside from the Lawrence, Darnold had as much clout and praise as anyone in this draft and they ruined him just like every QB they had since probably Pennington

3 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Wilson. I don’t trust the Jets to develop a QB and it’s the worst situation any of the top 5 are going to. Aside from the Lawrence, Darnold had as much clout and praise as anyone in this draft and they ruined him just like every QB they had since probably Pennington

Jets literally have an entire new staff top to bottom. 

1 hour ago, lancerman said:

Darnold was never the guy. His awareness sucks.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2021 at 7:48 PM, Forge said:

What's the context behind the video?  Genuinely curious 

If this is Mac Jones out getting drunk the night before a game, ok, that matters.  But I doubt Saban would've put up with that ****.  He would've just benched Mac and put in Bryce Young. 

If its just Mac Jones partying during the offseason with his friends, then what's wrong with that?  Are NFL players not supposed to drink or party at all?  Because I don't think they got the memo

https://www.insider.com/video-tom-brady-drunk-avocado-tequila-boat-parade-2021-2

7 hours ago, jetjuice said:

Darnold was never the guy. His awareness sucks.

Darnold looked a lot like Zack Wilson in college tbh.  Just taller.

Pretending to be Brett Favre is a lot harder in the NFL, which is what Sam Darnold realized eventually and Mark Sanchez realized eventually.  Especially hard with no weapons.

Just saying, the Jets have a type.  Maybe third time's the charm though.