What do you think they do?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Predict the pick

• Pick Best Player Available at 9
    • Wait at 9 for QB to fall to them
    • Trade down to 4 or 5 to get QB
    • Trade down to 7 or 8 to be in slightly safer position for QB
    • Trade back, forget QB and build elsewhere

I think I'd try and move to 4 and get one of the QBs. I think they have enough information to know Lock won't win anything for them, so why not? Atlanta is looking to move, Denver have better position than New England and Washington - Denver would probably win this battle (unless one of the others gave up ridiculous future capital).

It's just a great opportunity to see if you've got the next star QB...

I think no doubt, they trade with Atlanta to 4. The Broncos have a good/very good roster that just needs an elite QB.  Even if they swap 1’s this year and  give up next years first and another day two pick or so, it’s worth it for them in my opinion.  They’re young and talented enough that giving up the 1sts for an elite QB justifies it

I think we need to move up for a QB, as I don’t think we’re going to be picking this high next year. We’re getting a lot of people back from injury and our schedule is pretty weak for this upcoming season. Also, the 2022 QB class as of right now is lacking, so if we want a shot at a decent QB prospect, I think this year’s draft is it. 

Before anyone asks, no, I have no faith in Lock being anything other than a good backup.

• Like 1

I’ve seen enough of Lock honestly so if the Broncos know they can get one of the QBs they like at 4 then I think they should do it. We have an idea of the draft capital it would take to go from 9 to 4, I’m not sure if Atlanta would have any interest in Lock as a backup for Matt Ryan but if so could look to add him in on the trade and maybe one less pick (I know Locks worth isn’t great but it could still be something) 

7 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I think the 9 pick is a pivotal spot in this draft, and Broncos hold a lot of leverage. I assume they'll be getting a lot of calls, but they too have a big decision to make.

What do you think?

How is 9 a pivotal spot?  If a team is enamored with a QB, they're going to trade up ahead of a QB-needy team like Denver.  Both Carolina and Detroit figure to be open for business to deal their pick.  IF there's no QB of value, they're not going to get a huge trade package.

8 minutes ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

I’ve seen enough of Lock honestly so if the Broncos know they can get one of the QBs they like at 4 then I think they should do it. We have an idea of the draft capital it would take to go from 9 to 4, I’m not sure if Atlanta would have any interest in Lock as a backup for Matt Ryan but if so could look to add him in on the trade and maybe one less pick (I know Locks worth isn’t great but it could still be something) 

You can't argue that Luck isn't good, and then expect him to fetch much in a trade.

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

How is 9 a pivotal spot?  If a team is enamored with a QB, they're going to trade up ahead of a QB-needy team like Denver.  Both Carolina and Detroit figure to be open for business to deal their pick.  IF there's no QB of value, they're not going to get a huge trade package.

Its because that team trading out of #4 or #5 might now want to drop all the way down to #15 or wherever else in the draft if they trade out. Denver at #9 is a good spot to trade back to if your the Falcons/Bengals because it doesnt take you out of the position to draft a guy like Sewell, Chase, Smith, Parsons, Surtain, ect. 

Because of this, teams might favor trading with the Broncos over lets say...New England.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

You can't argue that Luck isn't good, and then expect him to fetch much in a trade.

I get your point, I may not think much of him but that doesn't mean the Falcons don't see some slight value in him. If they were to make a trade for #4 and #9 plus other picks I don't see it out of the question that Atlanta possibly sends a late round pick back if Lock was involved

If Atlanta really is going to commit to Matt Ryan for another couple years it might not hurt to have a young backup with some talent to see if he can grow. Odds are he doesn't but might be worth it if the price is right

16 hours ago, CWood21 said:

The backwards or forwards potential. Not many can figure this pick out, mocks have them moving to 4, or trading back or staying put. It's an ideal spot for NE or WAS or CHI as well. 8 is pivotal as well, yes, but the latest interviews have CAR staying put to pick BPA.

Denver are the first out of the 'QB needy teams' so they hold the cards over NE, WAS, CHI. Essentially, they can decide the direction of the QB run out of the 4 teams. If they move to 4, for example, you have to consider that Washington and Chicago are now bailing for the next tier of QBs. They can't match what NE could offer if NE wanted to get into a fight for the next QB

I've not heard much buzz about Detroit 'figuring to be open for business'. All I've seen/heard is them picking best receiver available at 7. I'd probably move back though...say, to 9. Grab something later in the draft for free essentially. 

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

I get your point, I may not think much of him but that doesn't mean the Falcons don't see some slight value in him. If they were to make a trade for #4 and #9 plus other picks I don't see it out of the question that Atlanta possibly sends a late round pick back if Lock was involved

If Atlanta really is going to commit to Matt Ryan for another couple years it might not hurt to have a young backup with some talent to see if he can grow. Odds are he doesn't but might be worth it if the price is right

Drew Lock has 2 years left on his rookie contract, and you're already admitting that he's not playing for a few years which means his contract expires before he gets a chance to play.  You definitely can't argue that he has any value in this deal.  He's nothing more than a throw-in at that point.

7 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

The backwards or forwards potential. Not many can figure this pick out, mocks have them moving to 4, or trading back or staying put. It's an ideal spot for NE or WAS or CHI as well. 8 is pivotal as well, yes, but the latest interviews have CAR staying put to pick BPA.

Denver are the first out of the 'QB needy teams' so they hold the cards over NE, WAS, CHI. Essentially, they can decide the direction of the QB run out of the 4 teams. If they move to 4, for example, you have to consider that Washington and Chicago are now bailing for the next tier of QBs. They can't match what NE could offer if NE wanted to get into a fight for the next QB

I've not heard much buzz about Detroit 'figuring to be open for business'. All I've seen/heard is them picking best receiver available at 7. I'd probably move back though...say, to 9. Grab something later in the draft for free essentially. 

How is that any different for any of the picks in the draft aside from the first 3?  When you talk about pivotal picks, we talk about how it affects the rest of the draft dominoes.  That's precisely what the 4th pick is in this year's draft.  It's the draft pick that decides everything.  Does Atlanta stay at 4 and take someone who fits their needs like Kyle Pitts or Kwity Paye?  Or do they trade down to a team who is looking for a franchise QB?  Denver's pick is no different then Detroit or Carolina other then the fact that they're probably less likely to take a QB.  IF you're a team like Chicago, New New England, or Washington, you're not going to wait until Denver is on the clock to try and trade up for a QB.  You're talking to every team from 4-10 trying to get a gauge on the market.