7DnBrnc53's second 2021 mock (2-rounder)

7DnBrnc53

5 hours ago, scar988 said:

Using that trade up (1 in current year, 1 in next year and 4 in next year), as the base, the Falcons would likely need more than that with the QB premium and the fact they'd miss out on Kyle Pitts as well. To make that worth it, the minimum the Falcons would likely accept:

No. 9 overall 2021

2nd and 4th 2021

1st and 4th 2022

That just seems too high to me, QB or not. Now, maybe if you were doing what the Jets did in 09 (moving from 17 to 5), it wouldn't be. It isn't like going up to the second spot from the sixth spot like the Redskins did in 2012. They gave up three #1's for him, which was one too many.

Edited by 7DnBrnc53

Great picks for the Jaguars.  The only one I would maybe change is to take Pat Friermuth at #45 instead of Eichenbert.  TE is a huge need for us, whereas, we just franchised our current left tackle for 2020.  We're pretty much stuck at TE, and Friermuth should be a good one.

Thanks for taking the time to do this mock.  You did a terrific job overall!

7 hours ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

That just seems too high to me, QB or not. Now, maybe if you were doing what the Jets did in 09 (moving from 17 to 5), it wouldn't be. It isn't like going up to the second spot from the sixth spot like the Redskins did in 2012. They gave up three #1's for him, which was one too many.

Even i think thats a bit much although as a Falcon fan i would love it XD   I still say the go to value is  #9  2021 2nd, and 2022 1st  is where it's at thats 3 picks in total and imo taking into count the QB value for a trade up. 

16 hours ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Tough. That’s probably what it would take. Dallas wants to move up for Pitts. Carolina is still looking at QBs. New England would give up 3/4 firsts for the chance to get their franchise guy. There’s going to be a premium there. And trading a 4th round pick and some schmuck of a WR that the Falcons don’t need won’t get it done. 

On 4/8/2021 at 2:40 PM, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Well, from what I heard (from my cousin who is a Browns fan), the LB core is total garbage, including Takitaki and Mack Wilson. I know they drafted Jacob Phillips last year, but he didn't set the world on fire. In addition, Anthony Walker is a FA after this year.

The LB core is not great.

I will not argue that.

That being said this front office pays close attention to positional value.  Takitaki is really good at run defense, but bad at coverage.  Jacob Phillips is only in his second hear.  Anthony walker is good as a defensive QB.  Malchom Smith is the best in converage.  They are going to pay attention to what the offensive scheme is and rotate the best players for that situation in depending on the offense.  Takitaki and Walker for running downs.  Smith and Phillips for passing. 

To add to that, I doubt we will ever see 3 true linebackers on the field at once.  They really want more safeties than LBs, so having Johnson and Delpit and Harrison on the filed at the same time, even with 3 corners and 1 linebacker is something that's going to happen a lot vs 11 personnel.  We are going to see Harrison playing more of a LB role than any true linebacker.

So though I don't agree, talent wise, LB is where we are lacking the most, positional value wise and scheme wise, I think its VERY unlikely we take a LB in the first round.

That's also why we are not willing to pay one a lot of money.

Anyway, just trying to help understand the browns thinking (from what I am hearing from almost every insider).