? Week 7 GDT Saints vs Rodgerless Packers

Breesus mode

2 things:

1) our D can't "quit" or take a quarter off like they did last Sunday. They need to play and finish like they're behind, the entire game!

2) Our offense needs to produce like we know they can, yet like we haven't truly seen this year. They've been pretty darn good, sure, but they're capable of so much more.

This team is still trying to figure out how all the pieces work, and they're getting better and better every week (opposite of the usual). If they can stay humble and focused, I think they put up another 30+ points and come home with fresh cheese.

5 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

Your preaching to the choir their buddy... The Saints have dealt with some of the most injury riddled teams over the last few years, not about to pitty any team that has to deal with it themselves.

Part of football

Lol this was my first thought as well. Injuries are part of the game, and there are few if any teams the past several seasons that have had as many injuries as the Saints. 

2 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

That report also doesn't mention anything about Anzalone and Strief to IR, or Delvin Breaux. 

By our standards this has been a Fairley healthy year, so knock on wood and hope it keeps up this way. (Can't forget about losing Nick Fairley before the year after signing a big contract)

6 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

Your preaching to the choir their buddy... The Saints have dealt with some of the most injury riddled teams over the last few years, not about to pitty any team that has to deal with it themselves.

Part of football

Yes, but it is depressing to have this many walking wounded no matter if it is happening to your team or someone else's.

42 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Yes, but it is depressing to have this many walking wounded no matter if it is happening to your team or someone else's.

The big name is Rodgers.  You guys are fine with him, probably screwed without.

3 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Lol this was my first thought as well. Injuries are part of the game, and there are few if any teams the past several seasons that have had as many injuries as the Saints. 

I'm glad you guys share that feeling. We always talk like we're the most injured team ever and I always think, I bet most teams kinda feel this way. Part of the game as one guy said.

1 hour ago, Jlowe22 said:

The big name is Rodgers.  You guys are fine with him, probably screwed without.

If our O line wasn't a mess along with our secondary we might be okay.  Of course most teams would be screwed without their starting QB.  I'm sure you guys would be screwed too if you lost Brees.  BTW. I've always liked Brees.  I remember watching him tear up the Big 10 back in the day.

Just now, Breesus mode said:

Oh hai. 

Sorry about Rodgers, but we'll see if the Hundley hype is real or not.

Yeah it'll be interesting that's for sure. I joke how my phone autocorrects Hundley to Hundleymania because I used to type that more than just just his name lol. Then it was a meme now I have to pretend it's real lol

1 minute ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Yeah it'll be interesting that's for sure. I joke how my phone autocorrects Hundley to Hundleymania because I used to type that more than just just his name lol. Then it was a meme now I have to pretend it's real lol

This should be a decent test for him, and for our defense as well. Our defense looks good, but it might be a paper tiger, and the hype around Hundley is high. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

22 minutes ago, Pugger said:

If our O line wasn't a mess along with our secondary we might be okay.  Of course most teams would be screwed without their starting QB.  I'm sure you guys would be screwed too if you lost Brees.  BTW. I've always liked Brees.  I remember watching him tear up the Big 10 back in the day.

I believe Hundley is a good player... I wanted Saints to draft him but nooooo Payton had to have Grayson.

Who is now ✂

47 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Beyond screwed with no Brees........He's the only reason the Saints have even finished 7-9 while fielding D3 college type defenses.

Talk about a big test for a new starter. The Saints defense leads the league AFTER you erase the first 2 weeks statistics.

Hundley is not only facing this D with a beat up O-line, but he's also has the duty of dealing with "he's no Aaron Rodgers" and so on. Well, who is, right?

Thanks for the pleasant conversation, Packers fans. Welcome to the board, and good luck Sunday. I think we're all in mystery mode right now. Who knows what we'll get... 

Archived