? Week 7 GDT Saints vs Rodgerless Packers

Breesus mode

1 minute ago, whodatworm23 said:

Anybody else feel with Kikaha being a healthy scratch while Hendrickson and Muhammad were on the active 53 could mean a trade is coming before the 31st?

What would they be able to get for him? I'm not sure a team will give up much for a situational pass rusher with two bad knees.

I wouldn't worry about Brees tailing off. Saints are doing a great job of running the ball more and running a ton of short routes/screens with Kamara. I think Brees will be primed for a deep playoff run. Ingram and the OL are doing a great job of keeping defenses honest.

I know Saints fans have gotten burned the last couple years and lost faith, but this team is GOOD. The defense is legit, the offense is golden and Payton has his fire back. Dennis Allen is doing a phenomenal job with this young defense and I only expect them to get better. 

11 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

Like I said last week, I saw Payton chest bump Vaccaro after the pick. Payton is generally more of a handshake or stone cold nod kind of a guy, I don't think I've ever seen him do that.

That was huge in showing me what's going on behind the scenes with this team. 

Of course we'll never know what the locker room sounds like, but to go from a benching and trade talks, to a chest bump and performing high speaks louder than what we'll ever know.

I did see Vacarro quit on a few plays yesterday, and that was disappointing.
1st) On that long TD run and he just simply stopped running with quite a bit of space left. Bell kept chasing.
2nd) Was on Hundley's scamper to the sidelines. Again, Vacarro quit. He could have laid the wood on Hundley prior to the markers, but didn't touch him. Results were a 1st down.

If people are going to nitpick Brees' arm strength, I'm going to nitpick Vacarro's lack of finishing plays :P

1 minute ago, MookieMonster said:

The negativity around here is insane haha. Jets fans have more optimism than you guys. 

Look at it realistically. Our past 3 seasons weren't very good, our first 2 games weren't very good, and our wins were against 3 unstable teams and one team with a backup QB. Saints fans should know not to get their hopes up. We've had moments in each of the past seasons where we looked good and it didn't amount to much in the long run. I'm not saying I haven't enjoyed these wins, they've been great. I just won't get too comfortable until I have real proof that this team is for real. They could be, I just don't know for sure yet.

To be fair, that backup QB is still throwing to the best WR core in the league. Lions game was a very nice win against a good team. Dolphins are a decent team. Vikings are just a really good team, especially with a healthy Bradford and the Patriots are the Patriots. 

Saints are for real.

54 minutes ago, saintsfan said:

Can we offer Marshon a 10 year deal ASAP so we don't have to go back to the days of Fred Thomas/Jason David

THIS!!!

Wanna know why Saints defense is so much better... 2 words, Marshon Lattimore! Dont get me wrong, we have improved overall but Lattimore is playing like a seasoned veteran SHUT DOWN corner who takes away half the field. 

Simply put... Lattimore is making EVERY OTHER DEFENDERS job easier! 

RAVES you gotta be proud... ?

6 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

To be fair, that backup QB is still throwing to the best WR core in the league. Lions game was a very nice win against a good team. Dolphins are a decent team. Vikings are just a really good team, especially with a healthy Bradford and the Patriots are the Patriots. 

Saints are for real.

I'm with Mookie on this one

Who Dat! B|

14 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

Anybody else feel with Kikaha being a healthy scratch while Hendrickson and Muhammad were on the active 53 could mean a trade is coming before the 31st?

I hope not... there’s no need, he’s still under contract next year.

Hes cheap, quality depth that will not get us back what we paid for him. No reason to trade him unless someone blows us away.

Archived