What's a Football take that has you like this?

August4th

5 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

We'll see how it plays out. According to DVOA the Browns were 18th in DVOA last year at -5.7%. They were lucky to get to 10 wins by week 17, and then barely beat a Steeler team  resting their starters. They played the 3rd easiest schedule in the NFL. 

I'll wait to see Stefanski lead a team to a DVOA above 0% before crowning him. 

I remember plenty of Cleveland fans crowning Freddy Kitchens after 2018. Maybe try stacking a couple good years before getting too confident.  

And then we crushed the Steelers playing their starters when we were decimated by COVID.

Kitchens did well as our OC, Stefanski has done well as our head coach. That's a big difference.

I'm just messing with you because you were the one who came to the Browns forum trolling the Stefanski hire at the time.

3 minutes ago, DawgX said:

And then we crushed the Steelers playing their starters when we were decimated by COVID.

Kitchens did well as our OC, Stefanski has done well as our head coach. That's a big difference.

I'm just messing with you because you were the one who came to the Browns forum trolling the Stefanski hire at the time.

That's okay, I should probably eat a bit of crow for that. I only came to your forum because I remembered a bunch of your posters did a lot of gloating over an early win in Baltimore and were tied at the top of the division at 2-2. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

What's your top 10? If it includes Drew Brees, I'm going to be laughing.

Really, I just want the discussion off Lamar Jackson.

You better damn well believe it includes Drew Brees.

1. Tom Brady 
2. Joe Montana
3. Peyton Manning

Dan Marino, Brett Favre, Drew Brees, Steve Young, Otto Graham compose of 4-8 in some order.

Then you have guys like Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger, Bart Starr, Johnny Unitas making up the next 4 in my book, hate all you want on Roethlisberger, cus I know you will. He's got multiple rings, and played better than Elway did to their respective contemporaries.

At the tier starting at 13 then I look at guys like Elway, Aikman Staubach, Russell Wilson, Jim Kelly, Randall Cunningham, and Warren Moon.

Of course, guys like Mahomes, and Wilson will be clear head and shoulders above Elway by the time they're done playing.

• Like 1

I consider Marino and Manning to have been better QBs than Brady, insofar as their peak performance over several years were better than anything Brady could sustain. 

Brady's goat status is more based on a) longevity and b) being a part of a winning franchise than actual ability. Because I've seen other QBs play the position slightly better. 

3 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

I consider Marino and Manning to have been better QBs than Brady, insofar as their peak performance over several years were better than anything Brady could sustain. 

Brady's goat status is more based on a) longevity and b) being a part of a winning franchise than actual ability. Because I've seen other QBs play the position slightly better. 

I agree with this actually, I think the best QB play I've ever seen in my life was 2004 Peyton Manning

• Like 1

Draft picks in the 20-32 ranges are rarely worth their 4th or 5th year cap hit, and therefore those picks are better off being traded.

inb4 bUt WhAt AbOuT X pLaYeR?

No, TJ Watt doesn't disprove this generality. 

Edited by animaltested
  • Like 1

On 4/9/2021 at 10:57 PM, DannyB said:

In...height, specifically on the Vikings?

2 NFL QB's since 2015 have 25k yards and a 100 plus rating. Brady and Cousins.

He's had a 90.8 PFF Grade in the 4th Quarter since 2019. 1st among all QB's.

He ranks 3rd all time in completion %. 6th all time QB rating. 15th all time in Yards Per Attempt (ahead of Brees, Brady, and Peyton Manning) 

Yes I copied all of the that from Twitter sports peoples like Phil Mackey.