What's a Football take that has you like this?

August4th

21 minutes ago, BigTrav said:

He's not related to THE Lombardi. But he was definitely there that day, yes.

That was a reference to a classical long time joke here on FF. đŸ˜‰

Years ago, Lombardi was mentioned in a topic about the '95 Browns and about the top-5 Gms and someone spoke out of turn thinking Micheal Lombardi was who they were talking about and went on record to say this (among other bad takes).

"Lombardi. Isn't he the guy they named the trophy after?  If so, then top-3 all-time".

• Like 3

20 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

<climbs on roof top>

<grabs megaphone>

IT WASN'T A READ PLAY, HE HAS NO READS, THERE IS NO CHECK DOWN, IT'S A PRE-SNAP DECISION! THE INTERCEPTION HAPPENS BECAUSE NOT ONLY DOES BRANDON BROWNER MAKE A PERFECT PLAY TO DISRUPT THE PICK, MALCOLM BUTLER MAKES A PERFECT PLAY TO JUMP THE ROUTE.

The only argument you can even possibly make here is that the throw wasn't perfect (it wasn't). Pete didn't call a pass IIRC, Bevell/Pete gave Russ 2 plays and Russ chose pass based on the formation/personnel for the Patriots.

Guys, take notes, it's truly this easy to get the exact reaction that you want. :) 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

That was a reference to a classical long time joke here on FF. đŸ˜‰

Years ago, Lombardi was mentioned in a topic about the '95 Browns and about the top-5 Gms and someone spoke out of turn thinking Micheal Lombardi was who they were talking about and went on record to say this (among other bad takes).

"Lombardi. Isn't he the guy they named the trophy after?  If so, then top-3 all-time".

That post and the "LT is overrated because he might get injured" posts should have been printed out and preserved for all eternity because my goodness they are simply the greatest posts in FF history.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

That post and the "LT is overrated because he might get injured" posts should have been printed out and preserved for all eternity because my goodness they are simply the greatest posts in FF history.

NBT's post about Torrey Smith's elite hamstrings gotta be up there too

• Like 2

Football Take:

If the Chiefs do not win the Super Bowl in 2021, Patrick Mahomes has won his last Super Bowl

Extended Take:

No QB making huge dollars will win one. Going back to the early 2000s, the highest QB cap as a % of total cap to win a Super Bowl was 12.2% (Brady in 2020 and in 2018). 

In less than 1/3 of the years did the QB have a cap hit of 10-12.2%.. and in nearly half of the years, the QB had a cap hit of under 7%

For reference, cap in 2020 is $182.5M, meaning that using the 12.2% as a threshhold, it would be unprecedented for a QB making over $22.4M to win it

As the cap expands over the next few years, cap will have to rise to about $250M for a $30M QB to be in the low 12%. For a QB like Mahomes, his cap hit is going to be in the 17-21% range, which seems historically unreasonable to field a successful roster

(for reference, in 2019 when they won it, Mahomes hit was 2.4%, In 2020 his hit was 2.4%, and in 2021 his hit will be 4.0%, before exploding to 17.6% in 2022)

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

What about the guy who asked about being a law enforcement officer and whether or not he could still engage in illicit activities like drug trafficking? @ramssuperbowl99 tell me I'm not misremembering this thread in WAYTA.

• Like 2

Just now, MWil23 said:

What about the guy who asked about being a law enforcement officer and whether or not he could still engage in illicit activities like drug trafficking? @ramssuperbowl99 tell me I'm not misremembering this thread in WAYTA.

Let he who hasn't lied about their current drug use on a police application cast the first stone.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Or the guy who was looking for six figure entry level jobs out of school

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

9 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Or the guy who was looking for six figure entry level jobs out of school

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

"I'd like to starting making around $120K annually" I believe was the opening sentence. LOL LOL LOL

wow I need to read WAYTA more often....