What's a Football take that has you like this?

August4th

9 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Running QBs who aren’t good passers are better than good passers who are immobile. Brady is the ultimate outlier.

I can think of others, besides Brady. Remember Doug Williams... Redskins Super Bowl winning teams?  slooooooooow as molasses. Slower than Tom Brady 🤣

Also, running QB's generally don't last long. They're exciting as heck when they're young, though, like Lamar Jackson. Wilson is the obvious outlier here,
although, I don't view Wilson as a true running QB that running is a desired part of his game, he does it to stay alive. 

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

... don't forget Josh Dobbs. 😅

Josh Dobbs is just getting better with time like fine wine and he's only honing his considerable skills from the bench until the perfect moment to unleash it all. 
Just you wait, that kid is HOF-bound (as soon as he can get a chance!) 

• Like 3

Having a QB on a rookie contract.. heck anything cap space related talk in general is hot air. Y'all just get precious about it because you put yourselves in the position of having to pay the money. I couldn't care less about "cap hell" if I was a fan invested in a team's success on the field. As a football variable, cap space is like on the level of having extra late round draft picks, by my estimate.

EydRl3EWgAkhpLl?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

heck anything cap space related talk in general is hot air. ...

I couldn't care less about "cap hell" if I was a fan invested in a team's success on the field.

So you're saying the Bears releasing one of the best corners in the league to clear up cap space was just "hot air".

6 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

So you're saying the Bears releasing one of the best corners in the league to clear up cap space was just "hot air".

1. If it was a priority to keep him they could/would have found a way
2. If he was valued as "one of the best corners in the league" the Bears would have gotten a significant draft pick while trading him, as opposed to being cut. The best corners in the league don't hit UFA.

Going back to my full quoted post, I said cap space is about as important as late round draft picks. Kyle Fuller didn't even fetch a late round draft pick when the Bears tried to trade him, so this doesn't disprove that.

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 1

Winning and/or Super Bowl rings is an idiotic metric for evaluating players.

It usually ends up that the best players win at a high level, but there are plenty of absolute studs that never win a thing and are about 100x better than those that have. 95% of the time, winning has to do with what’s around you rather than how good you are. It’s not a 1-1 sport. Football is the ultimate team game and the ultimate strategy-based game. Too many moving parts to say “This QB is better than that QB because of wins.”

• Like 3