What's a Football take that has you like this?

August4th

On 4/8/2021 at 10:39 AM, MWil23 said:

Baker Mayfield is actually a good quarterback

He might be. But he's a less successful QB than Jared Goff, and while their play styles are different, Mayfield looks like a QB who will look good an elite OL and running game, not so much without it, so...

Whatever your opinion of Goff is should probably be your opinion of Baker.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FrantikRam said:

He might be. But he's a less successful QB than Jared Goff, and while their play styles are different, Mayfield looks like a QB who will look good an elite OL and running game, not so much without it, so...

Whatever your opinion of Goff is should probably be your opinion of Baker.

Lol we'll see.

Let's see what Baker can do in his second year with Stefanski. Ya know, the first time in his career where he'll have back to back seasons with the same head coach and scheme. Unlike Goff, who played under McVay for multiple years but somehow got worse over time.

In the back half of last season, Baker played like a top 10 QB.

On 4/8/2021 at 7:57 PM, Danger said:

Man y'all Ravens fans have a real persecution complex.

Not really. Are you trying to tell me there isn't an over arching narrative about Lamar being a running back? I'm pretty sure that narrative is as strong as any in the league.

16 minutes ago, Letsch80 said:

Not really. Are you trying to tell me there isn't an over arching narrative about Lamar being a running back? I'm pretty sure that narrative is as strong as any in the league.

wahhhhhhh

No dude, and there hasn't been for well over a year now lmao.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Lol we'll see.

Let's see what Baker can do in his second year with Stefanski. Ya know, the first time in his career where he'll have back to back seasons with the same head coach and scheme. Unlike Goff, who played under McVay for multiple years but somehow got worse over time.

In the back half of last season, Baker played like a top 10 QB.

And Goff was in the MVP conversation for part of 2018. 

And Goff actually had a good first year with McVay, better second year, then regressed.

Ravens fans tend to be a little overly sensitive when it comes to their quarterback.  When he was just coming into the league, a lot of people predicted that he would go the way of many of the previous "running QBs" that came before him.  He has proven to be a capable passer and a very good overall player.  I think most rational people are willing to admit that at this point, but there are probably a few still out there who resent having to change the way they view the game.  The game evolves, and while most of us can accept and even enjoy the evolution, there are a few who want to cling on to what they know and what they have always enjoyed.  Nothing wrong with that, I guess. 

If I were a Ravens fan, I'd just let those people spout their opinions and ignore them.  You guys have one of the league's great quarterbacks and the majority of people recognize that.