Who do you want at 10? Option #4

What should we do at 10?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who is #4?

• Trade Up - No talent left that warrants a top 10 pick. Secure who we need.
    • Trade Down - Collect some more ammo, no one here is must have and we can get a good player later.
    • T. Lawrence, Clemson, QB
    • J. Chase, LSU, WR
    • J. Waddle, Alabama, WR
    • R. Slater, Northwestern, OL
    • J. Fields, Ohio State, QB
    • D. Smith, Alabama, WR
    • Z. Wilson, BYU, QB
    • J. Owusu-Koramoah, Notre Dame, LB
    • J. Horn, South Carolina, CB
    • C. Darrisaw, Virginia Tech, OL
    • T. Lance, North Dakota State, QB
    • M. Parsons, Penn State, LB
    • M. Jones, Alabama, QB
    • A. Ojulari, Georgia, EDGE
    • A. Vera-Tucker, USC, OL

Slater over Chase?

Chase was the best receiver on his team that featured Justin Jefferson and Terrace Marshall and it wasn't even close.

I'd take Chase all day

6 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

Slater over Chase?

Chase was the best receiver on his team that featured Justin Jefferson and Terrace Marshall and it wasn't even close.

I'd take Chase all day

Chase is GREAT - but Waddle is a better team fit.

27 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Waddle, baby

This is the correct answer...after Slater.

5 minutes ago, quiller said:

I said trade down, coin flip with Slater who for some reason doesn't interest me.

Fascinating. So if we don't get Pitts / Surtain / Sewell you think it is in our best interest to trade down and get more picks?

1 minute ago, CAPJ said:

Slater over Chase?

I'd take Chase all day

I’d like to think that if, come draft day, both Chase and Slater are on the board, most of this forum would be in agreement that Chase should be the pick. Maybe I’m wrong.

But I am kind of resigned to the fact that Chase is definitely not going to be there. I can play out scenarios for Sewell and Pitts that seem plausible. But none for Chase.

I’m taking Waddle over Slater, too, for similar reasons.

If the Cowboys go OL instead, though, I’ll be good with it. They know a lot more about Tyron’s future than I do.

4 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Fascinating. So if we don't get Pitts / Surtain / Sewell you think it is in our best interest to trade down and get more picks?

I’m totally interested in fielding trade offers after Sewell and Pitts are off the board. I have no problem trading away from Surtain given this CB class. And if it’s someone coming up to get a pass catcher in front of the Giants/Eagles, even better.

I just don't see the value of Waddle or Chase.  I should I guess be happy with Slater but just don't feel the love.

My main issue for Waddle and Chase is that drafting them creates an issue rather quickly. I just don't see how Chase or Waddle develop properly with Gallup, Lamb and Cooper as our main "three".  Then also we set up a situation where we have to get rid of either Gallup or Coop by the end of the season.  This does not create a happy locker room at all, and sets up discord from the get go. 

Personally I only want to trade down if Surtain or Sewell are not available.   I would have no problem trading down so some one could draft Pitts but the PRICE would be VERY VERY HIGH... and yes I wouldn't do it for just any team. 

6 minutes ago, quiller said:

I just don't see the value of Waddle or Chase.  I should I guess be happy with Slater but just don't feel the love.

My main issue for Waddle and Chase is that drafting them creates an issue rather quickly. I just don't see how Chase or was Waddle develop properly with Gallup, Lamb and Cooper as our main "three".  Then also we set up a situation where we have to get rid of either Gallup or Coop by the end of the season.  This does not create a happy locker room at all, and sets up discord from the get go. 

You aren’t getting rid of Gallup. Gallup is a free agent in 2022, and he is leaving next off-season whether you draft someone this year or not.

38 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Chase is GREAT - but Waddle is a better team fit.

This is the correct answer...after Slater.

Waddle might be the better fit but that's where you get yourself into trouble.

Chase is a significantly better prospect than Waddle and I'd even take Chase over any receiver that was drafted in 2020.

38 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I’d like to think that if, come draft day, both Chase and Slater are on the board, most of this forum would be in agreement that Chase should be the pick. Maybe I’m wrong.

But I am kind of resigned to the fact that Chase is definitely not going to be there. I can play out scenarios for Sewell and Pitts that seem plausible. But none for Chase.

I’m taking Waddle over Slater, too, for similar reasons.

If the Cowboys go OL instead, though, I’ll be good with it. They know a lot more about Tyron’s future than I do.

Sure. Depends on how you interpret the question.

If it's who do I think is there and should we draft. Or is it of any of the options listed, who would you take?

20 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

Chase is a significantly better prospect than Waddle and I'd even take Chase over any receiver that was drafted in 2020.

If both Waddle & Chase are avlaible, I pull a Raiders & draft Waddle. 

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

If both Waddle & Chase are avlaible, I pull a Raiders & draft Waddle. 

That would be a mistake.

Chase's sophomore season almost outproduced Waddles whole collegiate career.

Chase was the best receiver in college and destroyed some of the top CBs on the SEC.

Also was the best receiver on his team that included Justin Jefferson that just had the best rookie year since Randy.

2 hours ago, CAPJ said:

I think you are probably underselling him, even. There’s not a receiver in the past decade who was a better prospect. You have to go back to 2011 with Julio and AJ Green, IMO.

But I still do think Waddle is a worthy adversary. Such a matchup nightmare and perfect compliment to our current roster. He is no Henry Ruggs. Push comes to shove, I’d probably take Chase, but it’s not as far off as you make it out to be. 

11 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I think you are probably underselling him, even. There’s not a receiver in the past decade who was a better prospect. You have to go back to 2011 with Julio and AJ Green, IMO.

But I still do think Waddle is a worthy adversary. Such a matchup nightmare and perfect compliment to our current roster. He is no Henry Ruggs. Push comes to shove, I’d probably take Chase, but it’s not as far off as you make it out to be. 

I agree with the assessment of Chase. Id throw in Amari as a prospect as well would be up there with Chase. 

What I dont understand is if Waddle isnt even Ruggs, then how are you comparing Waddle to a Chase, Julio and AJ Green as a prospect.

I like Waddle and dont mean to sell him short, he is a really good prospect. I wouldnt have him above Lamb, Jeudy or Ruggs as a prospect and I believe Chase is far better than those guys.