Who do you want at 10? Option #4

Texas_OutLaw7

What should we do at 10?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who is #4?

• Trade Up - No talent left that warrants a top 10 pick. Secure who we need.
    • Trade Down - Collect some more ammo, no one here is must have and we can get a good player later.
    • T. Lawrence, Clemson, QB
    • J. Chase, LSU, WR
    • J. Waddle, Alabama, WR
    • R. Slater, Northwestern, OL
    • J. Fields, Ohio State, QB
    • D. Smith, Alabama, WR
    • Z. Wilson, BYU, QB
    • J. Owusu-Koramoah, Notre Dame, LB
    • J. Horn, South Carolina, CB
    • C. Darrisaw, Virginia Tech, OL
    • T. Lance, North Dakota State, QB
    • M. Parsons, Penn State, LB
    • M. Jones, Alabama, QB
    • A. Ojulari, Georgia, EDGE
    • A. Vera-Tucker, USC, OL

1 hour ago, CAPJ said:

I agree with the assessment of Chase. Id throw in Amari as a prospect as well would be up there with Chase. 

What I dont understand is if Waddle isnt even Ruggs, then how are you comparing Waddle to a Chase, Julio and AJ Green as a prospect.

I like Waddle and dont mean to sell him short, he is a really good prospect. I wouldnt have him above Lamb, Jeudy or Ruggs as a prospect and I believe Chase is far better than those guys.

Waddle is miles ahead of Ruggs as a prospect. The Raiders took Ruggs first, but that’s because they are a poorly run franchise.

The other five you named are probably the 5 best WR prospects of the decade: Chase, Julio, Green, Jeudy, and Lamb.

I kind of feel like this is comparing apples to oranges. Those five guys are much more traditional #1s. Is he going to move the chains down after down? Is he going to be a demon in the red zone? Not to the level those 5 are.

Waddle is more Tyreke Hill. He’s going to be an uncoverable weapon that turns your offense into a powder keg and makes rival teams literally have to build their personnel strategy around him.

If I was forced to rank, I’d probably place him #6 on the list of WR prospects of the past decade. But he’s such a perfect fit for this existing Dallas offense, that I think it’s a fair debate.

Edit: You are totally right, Amari belongs in the conversation. So make it 7, but the core of the argument is the same.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

34 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Waddle is miles ahead of Ruggs as a prospect. The Raiders took Ruggs first, but that’s because they are a poorly run franchise.

The other five you named are probably the 5 best WR prospects of the decade: Chase, Julio, Green, Jeudy, and Lamb.

I kind of feel like this is comparing apples to oranges. Those five guys are much more traditional #1s. Is he going to move the chains down after down? Is he going to be a demon in the red zone? Not to the level those 5 are.

Waddle is more Tyreke Hill. He’s going to be an uncoverable weapon that turns your offense into a powder keg and makes rival teams literally have to build their personnel strategy around him.

If I was forced to rank, I’d probably place him #6 on the list of WR prospects of the past decade. But he’s such a perfect fit for this existing Dallas offense, that I think it’s a fair debate.

Edit: You are totally right, Amari belongs in the conversation. So make it 7, but the core of the argument is the same.

Sorry I misunderstood. I thought you meant Ruggs>Waddle, my mistake there.

Waddle may be Tyreek, but give me Julio all day.

Agree with the rest of your statements. Either way, I think we are a better team with either.

I do believe there are 4 Elite talents in this draft that are in a different tier than the rest. Lawrence, Chase, Sewell and Pitts.

• Like 1