JQ's one, and probably only, PFN mock draft

JQ1

I've been having fun playing with the Pro Football Network draft simulator, and I was finally able to make picks with which I'm relatively satisfied. Disclamer: I'm not a draft-nik and I don't follow college football closely, so I really am not familiar with most prospects.

That written, I rely mostly upon the brief PFN player summaries and the NFL prospect profiles and scores, then to a lesser degree Great Blue Draft Report. The trade option is fun on PFN, but this latest mock is a no-trade mock, and I tried to pick players who matched value with need, at least based upon the PFN big board and what I know about the Packers. So here you go, fire away:

1. (29) Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU- BPA who seems to have versatility for the new scheme

2. (62)Jabril Cox, LB, LSU - Athletic linebacker to add some speed to the new defense

3. (92) Walker Little, OT, Stanford A bit of a question mark because he hasn't played in two years.

4a. (135) Demetric Felton, WR/RB, UCLA Gadget player

4b. (142) Osa Odighizuwa, DT, UCLA Back-to-Back Bruins who on the smaller side for a DL, but has played multiple positions on the DL

5a. (173) Benjamin St-Juste, CB, Minnesota  I'd have preferred to pick a Corner back sooner, but the board just didn't fall that way.

5b. (178) Marvin Wilson, DT,- FSU More of a true space-eater D-Line to take keep those double-teams off Kenny.

6a. (214) Jonathon Cooper, Edge, Ohio State - High effort guy who will be an asset on specials, good locker room guy

6b. (220) Dan Moore, OT, Texas A&M - Late round prospect, and another tackle.

7.  (256) Dez Fitzpatrick, WR, Louisville <--A wide receiver! By all accounts I've read hed be a great value this late.

What did the Tackle situation look like at 29? BPA or not, I doubt Moehrig would be a good use of that pick. Not a fan of the Odighizuwa pick and wasn't a fan of his older brother either. Something tells me Jaylen Twyman will be there at that pick. Some of us here also think Marvin Wilson is undraftable. I like just about the rest of it, but think OT is by far the #1 need on this roster as it sits today.

2 hours ago, Joe said:

What did the Tackle situation look like at 29? BPA or not, I doubt Moehrig would be a good use of that pick. Not a fan of the Odighizuwa pick and wasn't a fan of his older brother either. Something tells me Jaylen Twyman will be there at that pick. Some of us here also think Marvin Wilson is undraftable. I like just about the rest of it, but think OT is by far the #1 need on this roster as it sits today.

A Reasonable question, and I agree Tackle is a higher immediate need than safety. The board just didn't fall favorably this time around. Teven Jenkins was gone, although I've picked him in other trials. And Cosmi, I think will take a couple years to develop plus he was down the board a ways. They were by far the two highest OTs left at 29. My goal with those first two picks was to choose players I think can come in and play first year significant reps. I think Moehring and Jabril Cox check those boxes.

I do hear what you're saying about Moehrig. I'd foresee him filling that Safety/Hybrid LB role for which the Packers have used Raven Greene. Moehrig would add more athleticism and speed to the defense, and like OP30 posted, give Barry more flexibilty to move the other safeties into different roles. He was almost unanimously the top safety in the draft on the random draft sites i cross-referenced.

On Double O, you may be right on the actual draft day. But I think Twyman was gone on the PFN mock, and I admit to having a little bias on Double O since he's a kid out of Portland. David Douglas HS I think. (I live just down the I-5.)

Edited by JQ1