How would you rank Tom Brady’s 10 Super Bowl teams?

CP3MVP

2004 - Beat some really strong teams on the way, including destroying the 15-1 steelers in Pitts

2003 - After losing in Sept, this team didn't lose again for over a year

2007 - Easily the best team but were caught up in a cinderella story, can't be top if they didn't bring it home

2001 - well rounded, beat TGSOT after a defensive masterclass 

2016 - 3rd in O, 1st in D, overcome the greatest in-play odds to win SB. Lost just 1 with TB.

2020 - joint lowest record on list, but looks at what they had to beat in the playoffs

2014 - HFA in a tough AFC, beat defending champs

2011 - D was a problem, but O was killing, one of Brady's best ever, Gronk was arguably the best player, but we scraped past Balt

2017 - Again, D a massive problem. Offense was awesome in the SB, but needed more from D

2018 - Did have one of the best ever playoff performances, but I think this team was very limited offensively. Only 01 has as few wins in Patriots colors

Edited by Hunter2_1

On 4/10/2021 at 4:10 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

2004 - Beat some really strong teams on the way, including destroying the 15-1 steelers in Pitts

2003 - After losing in Sept, this team didn't lose again for over a year

2007 - Easily the best team but were caught up in a cinderella story, can't be top if they didn't bring it home

2001 - well rounded, beat TGSOT after a defensive masterclass 

2016 - 3rd in O, 1st in D, overcome the greatest in-play odds to win SB. Lost just 1 with TB.

2020 - joint lowest record on list, but looks at what they had to beat in the playoffs

2014 - HFA in a tough AFC, beat defending champs

2011 - D was a problem, but O was killing, one of Brady's best ever, Gronk was arguably the best player, but we scraped past Balt

2017 - Again, D a massive problem. Offense was awesome in the SB, but needed more from D

2018 - Did have one of the best ever playoff performances, but I think this team was very limited offensively. Only 01 has as few wins in Patriots colors

I have a special place in my heart for the 2001 team but I can’t take them over 2020 Tampa or the 14/16 championship teams.

i also don’t think it’s fair to knock the 18 team for being limited offensively while propping up the 2001 and 2003 over them. 

Edited by CP3MVP

I'm not factoring in wins/losses.

2007 - They win 16-0 and it took a couple of lucky breaks and a worst playcall than the Butler interception (going for it on 4th/10 up 7-3).

2020 - Probably suffers from recency bias, but this was a legitimately stacked team that had slight consistency issues due to COVID crap and Brady adjusting to a new system. They were unstoppable once everything clicked in the second half of the regular season KC game.

2004 / 2016 - I'm giving a tie between these two because they're very similar in the sense they were a consistent and balanced on both sides of the ball. I personally believe 16 was Brady's second best individual season, behind only 2007.

2014 - A lot like the 2004/2016 team, but bumped down due to the slow start.

2011/2003 - Another tie in the sense that both teams were imbalanced but absolutely excelled in one area of the ball. The 2003 team was Belichick's best defense but his worst Super Bowl offense, whereas 2011 had a lights out offense but absolutely terrible defense that routinely allowed 3rd and long conversions.

2001 - It's the "weakest" team in terms in talent, but this one exemplified the Patriot Way more than any other team in Brady's career.

2018 - The offense woes that plagued the following season showed up in spots here. Brady had a relatively meh season and kind of took a backseat to the offensive line and defense, which went on an absolute tear in the playoffs.

2017 - Brady had a normal season for his standards and probably wouldn't have been MVP if Wentz didn't get hurt (would have been for the best considering how cursed the award is). Defense was Grossman-level of inconsistent before bottoming out in the Super Bowl.