Most iconic football picture iyo?

everlong

maybe not THE most iconic, but Namath has a bunch of iconic moments

One of the biggest moments in the NFL history and upsets in NFL history, Namath running off after beating the Colts in SB 3 holding up the #1 sign

Joe-Namath-SB-III.jpg

The epitome of Brodway Joe

Screen-Shot-2014-11-04-at-3.29.09-PM.png

The moment when he guarantees the SB 3 victory

iooss_01.jpg

2 hours ago, bzane said:

To me, it was this great old sentimental photograph of Jamarcus Russell in full-bling mode, fur coat resplendent, Rite-Aid aftershave trickling down his face, walking bravely away from the game after his fabled 3-year career with the Raiders had come to an end; one last, longing glance back at the historic tundra of Oakland-Alameda County Stadium, in the glow of a final autumn sunset; Farewell,  Football! Welcome, cruisin' wid mah homies, spending what remained of the guaranteed $32 million, pleasurin' with the women; a Pro's Pro says good-bye!

Image result for Jamarcus russell fur coat

My first thought was "why is this guy posting a picture of  Young Jeezy?"

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAeOAAAAJGVlN2U2MjU2LTAzOGUt

Giving your absolute body, soul and everything you got into willing your team into a win.. What a game.. 

Kellen Winslow. In addition to his blocked field goal, he recorded an NFL playoff record 13 receptions for 166 yards and a touchdown, despite suffering numerous injuries. During the contest, he was treated for a pinched nerve in his shoulder, dehydration, severe cramps, and a gash in his lower lip that required three stitches. A picture of an exhausted Winslow being helped off the field by two teammates after the game is an enduring image in NFL lore and has been replayed constantly ever since.[9]

"I've never felt so close to death before," Winslow said afterward. "That's what Muhammad Ali said in Manila and that's how I felt out there at the end."

Archived