Indiana Jones 5

RamRod

I only know Phoebe from Solo and I hated her role. Granted, she was only the voice of the robot, but I hated it.

Hopefully she does better here. But I don't see them being able to recreate the magic from the early movies. I'm not sure if I've seen any James Mangold movie without Hugh Jackman. Is that cameo going to be announced later?

3 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Do people still care about this franchise?

Not really, considering Harrison Ford is now way to old to do anything but be a mentor.....which is likely the case in this movie.    Disney probably wants this woman to take over the lead for future movies because....of course they do.

When youre as creatively bankrupt as Disney, all they do now is either make Marvel movies, make inferior remakes of old movies, or take a hot dump on beloved George Lucas franchises.

3 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

I’ve only seen Crystal skull so maybe my views toward this character are skewed. 

Really?    

I respect if you arent into it, but do not judge Indy or the franchise based on Crystal Skull...which is widely considered to be the worst of the 4 movies.

At the very least, check out Raiders of the Lost Ark.     Classic and one of the best adventure movies ever made.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, 43M said:

Not really, considering Harrison Ford is now way to old to do anything but be a mentor.....which is likely the case in this movie.    Disney probably wants this woman to take over the lead for future movies because....of course they do.

When youre as creatively bankrupt as Disney, all they do now is either make Marvel movies, make inferior remakes of old movies, or take a hot dump on beloved George Lucas franchises.

Really?    

I respect if you arent into it, but do not judge Indy or the franchise based on Crystal Skull...which is widely considered to be the worst of the 4 movies.

At the very least, check out Raiders of the Lost Ark.     Classic and one of the best adventure movies ever made.

For me i think The Last Crusade is the best mix of adventure and humor of the series.

i would say watch all the 3 real Indy movies though

7 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Do people still care about this franchise? I’ve only seen Crystal skull so maybe my views toward this character are skewed. 

It’s like do ppl still care about The Godfather?  I’ve only ever seen The Godfather 3 so maybe my views toward this trilogy are skewed. 

😉

• Like 3

1 hour ago, thrILL! said:

It’s like do ppl still care about The Godfather?  I’ve only ever seen The Godfather 3 so maybe my views toward this trilogy are skewed. 

😉

Haven't seen them so I wouldn't know. Though those movies feel far less driven by a single character/actor who is pushing 80 than Indiana Jones.

1 hour ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Haven't seen them so I wouldn't know. Though those movies feel far less driven by a single character/actor who is pushing 80 than Indiana Jones.

The point is that your opinion is based solely on by far the worst movie of the series.

Pick any series. Would you base your opinion on the first two Terminator movies based on Terminator: Genysis? All of Star Wars based on Attack of the Clones? Die Hard based on A Good Day to Die Hard?

7 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

The point is that your opinion is based solely on by far the worst movie of the series.

Pick any series. Would you base your opinion on the first two Terminator movies based on Terminator: Genysis? All of Star Wars based on Attack of the Clones? Die Hard based on A Good Day to Die Hard?

I don't have much of an opinion for the franchise either way since that is the only one I've seen. I'm more surprised they keep bringing Ford back and not just rebooting the entire thing. Drunken me did not articulate myself well last night likely along with knowing it would annoy people that I've only seen the last one. I was quite shocked to wake up to so many notifications on here 😆

Though my original question was legitimate. Do enough people care about IJ at this point to bring back Ford for another go around? Seems weird that what I assume are supposed to be action-adventure movies are still relying on him. I don't think anyone would begrudge them if they did a hard reboot. 

1 hour ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

The Godfather and Raiders of the Lost Ark are essential viewing IMO.

Unpopular opinion... I preferred Crystal Skull to Temple of Doom. Raiders and the Last Crusade are by far my two favorite of the series.

• Like 2