Raiders sign S Karl Joseph

Turnobili

47 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Oh, I thought you just didn't like him as a player. It wouldn't be ideal to Pick him at 17 IMO but I would be fine if we traded down into the 20s and picked up a pick or two a little later.

In a normal safety class, I feel he's a fringe 2nd/3rd round guy. He just gets lost out there too much for my liking. I get it's a position of need but I'm under the umbrella that we're going RT first so it fully anticipate Leatherwood being the guy we select. Ideally, trading down for more picks is the choice but it just doesn't happen often, unfortunately lol

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

In a normal safety class, I feel he's a fringe 2nd/3rd round guy. He just gets lost out there too much for my liking. I get it's a position of need but I'm under the umbrella that we're going RT first so it fully anticipate Leatherwood being the guy we select. Ideally, trading down for more picks is the choice but it just doesn't happen often, unfortunately lol

Leatherwood in the 1st would be the worst selection in any draft, in any round, of the past ten years. Leatherwood isn’t touching the 1st. Late 2nd probably. He gives up the edge way too easily, and might even play guard at the next level. If Raiders go OT in the first it’s definitely gonna be Darrisaw, Jenkins, or Cosmi. One of the three. 

21 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Leatherwood in the 1st would be the worst selection in any draft, in any round, of the past ten years. Leatherwood isn’t touching the 1st. Late 2nd probably. He gives up the edge way too easily, and might even play guard at the next level. If Raiders go OT in the first it’s definitely gonna be Darrisaw, Jenkins, or Cosmi. One of the three. 

I don't want it to happen, I just think it will be. I honestly don't want RT at all. Funny how he was a sure top 10 pick the year before, goes back for his Sr season, and now look at our discussion lol

On 4/10/2021 at 7:41 AM, BayRaider said:

I think you should go back and look at our picks over the last 10 years before making that statement.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2021 at 1:57 PM, NYRaider said:

Raiders fans think he's going to transform into Earl Thomas he just hasn't been given the chance to play in that role...

No they are not, nobody is saying that. You just makin that up.

As for the move: I like Joseph as depth and specific roles, but we still need quite some help at S & CB. 

• Like 1