Who will be the surprise top 10 pick?

paul-mac

I think after his pro-day, Samuel Cosmi might be my #1 potential top-10 surprise pick. It’s a position that often surprises with a riser some team loves.

Again, pro-day + position makes Kwity Paye a decent candidate to surprise in top 10. Crazy numbers he put up at his pro-day.

On 4/13/2021 at 1:29 PM, THE DUKE said:

Except there usually is a surprise. Most years draft twitter gets a pretty heavy consensus and then on draft day when the surprise happens, its all "ZOMG JDFHUR SKHFKHS !!!!!"  Plus, if we expected it, it wouldn't be a surprise.

Dion Jordan at 3

Clelin Ferrell @4 

Tyson Alualu 

I don’t think there will be this year, but my money is on either Samuel Cosmi or Jaycee Horn if he even counts.

On 4/13/2021 at 6:41 PM, BigC421/ said:

I could see Atlanta trading back with Dallas and taking Najee.  Arthur Smith is probably salivating over what he could do with him in that offense.   He’s being underrated IMO, I’m not personally a fan of going rb that early but he compares favorably with the elite prospects that have gone top 10 imo 

The crazy part about this is if we get enough of a return i honestly wouldn't hate it.  I think najee is a great RB and sorta worthy of a top 15 pick on talent.  But the RB position almost never goes that high because they don't last long in the nfl.  But Harris is talented enough that with a good return of extra picks on top of it we still are easily upgrading the team and position.

Plus heck if Trey Lance who based on what he is coming out right now can be a top 5 pick and lord knows he's not top 5 talent right now but only top 5 upside then a guy with more talent right now coming out in Najee should be able to bring top 10 to 15 if were reaching on players XD

Edited by FalconFan13

Completely random % just using it as like a gauge to show roughly how likely I think, obviously backed by nothing.

1. Jaguars: Trevor Lawrence (99%) Zach Wilson or Justin Fields (1%)
2. Jets: Zach Wilson (80%), Justin Fields (10%), Penei Sewell (5%), Jamarr Chase (4%), Trevor Lawrence (1% [100% would be pick unless he did something insane between now and the draft if the Jags passed])
3. 49ers: Justin Fields (50%), Trey Lance (20%),  Zach Wilson (20% [requires Jets passing]), Mac Jones (10%)
4. Falcons: Trade down (50%), Kyle Pitts (15%), Micah Parsons (10%), Kwity Paye (5%), Penei Sewell (5%), Justin Fields (5%), Caleb Farley (1%), Patrick Surtain (1%), Jaycee Horn (1%), Gregory Rousseau (1%), Jamarr Chase (1%), Devonta Smith (1%), Trey Lance (1%), Jaelen Phillips (1%), Travis Etienne (1%), Najee Harris (1%)
5. Cincinnati Bengals: Jamarr Chase (45%), Penei Sewell (35%), Kyle Pitts (5%), Christian Darrisaw (5%), Rashawn Slater (4%), Jaelen Phillips (1%), Gregory Rousseau (1%), Milton Williams (1%), Kwity Paye (1%), Patrick Surtain (1%), Alijah Vera-Tucker (1%)
6. Dolphins: Penei Sewell (40%), Devonta Smith (39%), Jamarr Chase (reliant on CIN passing, but I dunno 5%), Jaylen Waddle (5%), Christian Darrisaw (5%), Rashawn Slater (5%), Alijah Vera-Tucker (1%)
7. Lions: Trade down (50%), Jaylen Waddle (10%), Devonta Smith (9%), Jamarr Chase (lower only because likely gone, 5%), Micah Parsons (5%), Rashawn Slater (5%), Kyle Pitts (5%), Christian Darrisaw (5%), Christian Barmore (1%), Caleb Farley (1%), Patrick Surtain (1%), Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah(1%), Kwity Paye(1%), Alijah Vera-Tucker (1%)
8. Panthers: Penei Sewell (whatever %, if available is pick), Christian Darrisaw or Rashawn Slater (likely), Alijah Vera-Tucker (5%), Caleb Farley (5%) Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah(5%), Kwity Paye(5%)
9. Broncos: Trade up for QB (likely to ATL or DET), whatever QB fell.
10. Cowboys: Penei Sewell, Rashawn Slater, or Christian Darrisaw (40%), Patrick Surtain, Caleb Farley, Jaycee Horn (40%), Kyle  Pitts (I think Jerry would have a hard time passing on him, 10%),  Treyvon Moehrig (1%), Christian Barmore (1%),JOK (1%), Gregory Rousseau (1%), Jaylen Phillips (1%), Kwity Paye (1%), Micah Parsons (1%), Alijah Vera-Tucker (1%), Jayson Oweh (1%), Greg Newsome (0.2%), Alim McNeill (0.2%), Milton Williams (0.2%), Daviyon Nixon (0.2%), Tyson Campbell (0.2%)

I've got two possibles...

1. Horn in top 10 (not a huge shock, but he's not mocked in top 10)

2. DeVonta Smith beating out one of the other WRs and being a top 10

I don't think Slater in top 10 would be a surprise would it? If it is, then him

Edited by Hunter2_1

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I've got two possibles...

1. Horn in top 10 (not a huge shock, but he's not mocked in top 10)

2. DeVonta Smith beating out one of the other WRs and being a top 10

I don't think Slater in top 10 would be a surprise would it? If it is, then him

I think there are 7 virtual locks for the top 10 (Lawrence, Wilson, Lance, Fields, Chase, Pitts and Sewell)

The 3 other top 10 berths are likely taken by some combination of:

Slater 

Waddle and/or Smith

Mac Jones

Parson

Surtain and/or Horn

Phillips

Anyone outside of these names would count as a surprise imo 

• Like 2

On 4/14/2021 at 11:44 AM, DoleINGout said:

Not going to be top 10 picks but to me are first round prospects:

Aaron Banks, Notre Dame

Rashad Weaver, Pitt

Ihmir Smith-Marsette, Iowa

Baron Browning, Ohio State

Tyson Campbell, Georgia

It's hard to say there will be a surprise top 10 pick this year with it basically being a foregone conclusion that literally half of those picks are locked into five QB's that everyone is aware of. The remaining five picks of the top 10 wouldn't/won't be surprises then.

I guess for the sake of answering the original question my surprise top 10 pick for 2021 would be Kadarius Toney.

I like that list and agree. Weaver and Browning IMO are getting overlooked. Both are going to make teams very happy

I’m just going to throw this out not because I think he goes top 10 but I could see him getting called in the top 15 is Joe Tryon. He’s the most dynamic Athlete on the edge. I think a team looks at that toolbox and motor and says we will coach this guy up because he has the highest potential at edge. 

On 4/18/2021 at 12:02 PM, ripsean21 said:

I’m just going to throw this out not because I think he goes top 10 but I could see him getting called in the top 15 is Joe Tryon. He’s the most dynamic Athlete on the edge. I think a team looks at that toolbox and motor and says we will coach this guy up because he has the highest potential at edge. 

What am I missing with Tryon? I’ve watched this guy and I just don’t see it. I don’t see the ability to bend, the get off or explosion.  I really haven’t seen much in the way of pass rush moves either.  Keep hearing top 50 hype on him and I think he’s a day 3 guy