Falcons Pick at 4

goldfishwars

Who should they pick?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who should they pick?

• QBOTF - Fields/Lance
    • Best Non QB - Sewell/Pitts (For Example)
    • Trade Back

8 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

The one thing we agree with is the not on the team he is now but that can be fixed with more players thats talented and younger  added and by removing some over paid players which we started doing this year.   How do you do that by picking up more young early round players in the draft with huge upside.  Which brings me back around to  TRADE DOWN BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Also theirs atleast some good upside on the O-line    Jake Matthews is a very good LT,  Chris Lindstrom was ranked as a top 5 RG last year on PFF,  Kaleb Mcgary showed good upside at RT and is in his 2nd or 3rd year,  We drafted Matt hennesey last year to take over for Alex Mack  so were atleast setup for success on the O-line as best as you can be for the next 5 years with you and proven vets.  Still need to look at Lg possibly but i hope Matt Gono a huge fan favorite finally gets the position he has outplayed alot of our O-line guys over the years when he actually gets put in the game lol.   Thats one of the biggest falcon mysteries for awhile now is why he doesn't get alot more playing time.   I think every nfl team has a guy like that though that performs great and the fans love but the coaching staffs never give the time of day until injuries. 

I think Trade down is the 2nd best option. It's probably #1 if you aren't sold on Fields. The OL certainly has potential, but might be a year away. The defense is 2 years away at least. If you did trade down, I'd probably target Surtain/Horn, so Cowboys actually make a lot of sense as a trade partner, if it's true they want to move up for Pitts.

Edited by Jeezla

7 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

That is absolutely the only option. Which means it may not end up being viable, at all. 

Meets the McCaskey requirements: White and plays QB. He's practically a Bear already. Just needs Dalton to flame out this season. Pun intended.

I could also see him going to NYG after Jones puts up another dud of a season. Or WFT. Or MIA if Tua looks dook. Maybe even PITT.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I think Trade down is the 2nd best option. It's probably #1 if you aren't sold on Fields. The OL certainly has potential, but might be a year away. The defense is 2 years away at least. If you did trade down, I'd probably target Surtain/Horn, so Cowboys actually make a lot of sense as a trade partner, if it's true they want to move up for Pitts.

It's not that im not sold on Fields he is my #2 QB it's just that im not so sold on him that i would take him over Ryan for the next 5 years.  I have no doubt Ryan can be a top 5 QB for the next 4 to 5 years with the right scheme and team around him.   Im taking the proven and sure thing since i gotta pay for that sure thing anyways at this point.  

Surtain and Parsons are my 2 targets at 9 to 15 if we trade down there and either are available.  Those 2 or Sewell or Slater if they fall a bit as well.

14 hours ago, Jeezla said:

You just named 4 QB's that are in a totally different tier of player than Matt Ryan. Those guys at 80% are still better than Matt Ryan. And only 1 of them has played well at age 40. And he's the GOAT. And you assume that will be the norm going forward? Happened once in the history of the league, but it will now be normal?

But are they? 

Matt Ryan is criminally underrated. People forget just how good he really is. He's thrown for the most yards in a player's first 8-9-10-11-12-13 seasons. He's been one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game. And people **** on him because he plays in Atlanta. Because he hasn't won the big one. But give him a team that has a competent to great defense and see how much they start winning.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I think if they're trading down, they're targeting whoever the best player to fall to them is. Whether it's an OL like Sewell or Slater, a WR that slips like Chase or Smith or Waddle, a CB like Surtain or a EDGE/potential edge like Parsons or Paye. Whoever they consider the best is who they're drafting. Fontenot has basically said he's doing a flip of what Thomas Dimitroff used to do. He's not drafting based on pure need. He's drafting the best player available to add as much talent to the roster that he can. It's a big reason why I think when all is said and done, they're just gonna stick where they're at and take Kyle Pitts.

On 4/12/2021 at 7:43 PM, FalconFan13 said:

It's not that im not sold on Fields he is my #2 QB it's just that im not so sold on him that i would take him over Ryan for the next 5 years.  I have no doubt Ryan can be a top 5 QB for the next 4 to 5 years with the right scheme and team around him.   Im taking the proven and sure thing since i gotta pay for that sure thing anyways at this point.  

Surtain and Parsons are my 2 targets at 9 to 15 if we trade down there and either are available.  Those 2 or Sewell or Slater if they fall a bit as well.

How many QBs have played at a top 5 level over the age of 38? Brees and Brady? 

You guys are highly underestimating the decline of play historically from age 38+. 

Ryan is a good QB but he isn't even a top 5 QB right now. 

1 hour ago, JJ6 said:

How many QBs have played at a top 5 level over the age of 38? Brees and Brady? 

You guys are highly underestimating the decline of play historically from age 38+. 

Ryan is a good QB but he isn't even a top 5 QB right now. 

Maybe the Falcons should finally invest heavily into their defense so that they can still win in the playoffs with Matt Ryan.

• Like 1