Falcons Pick at 4

goldfishwars

Who should they pick?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who should they pick?

• QBOTF - Fields/Lance
    • Best Non QB - Sewell/Pitts (For Example)
    • Trade Back

On 4/15/2021 at 11:07 AM, CWood21 said:

Is there a Nick Bosa in this year's draft?

No because if there was they’d be a top 4 lock. Edge players always race the QB. Pitts is the best player but the best edge really isn’t even worthy of a top 10. There’s no elite edge on tape. There’s elite traits but they all need a ton of work. 

On 4/18/2021 at 10:28 AM, INbengalfan said:

Atlanta is in such a great position this year.  The question is how close do they think they are to contending this and next year.  The Saints are the reigning division champs.  And they did it with what, a bout 4-5 great games from Brees?  I don't think they drop that much with Winston, as he can't be much worse than Brees post injury.  Then there's the reigning Super Bowl champs in their division too, and Brady looked like he was having way too much fun to quit anytime soon, barring injury.

Do they build around Ryan for his last 2-3 years (and he isn't going anywhere with that contract/cap hit) and take Pitts?  Do they trade back and use more pieces to build around him now?  Or do they trade back for a future haul to rebuild in the next few years when the Ryan/Julio era ends?

They could demand just about anything with  QB hungry team.  A bunch of picks now, or more future picks when they want to completely overhaul the team quickly.  That route won't sit well with fans right now, but will have them in line to turn it over when

a) Ryan and Julio hang it up

b) the Saints finally have to pay the price on the cap

c) Brady retires 

TL;DR

I could literally see them go in any of those directions.

1.  Stay put and take Pitts

2.  Trade back with a QB hungry team like Denver and target Parsons

3.  Trade back for future picks (multiple firsts and seconds)

Actually as a falcon fan and being around 1000's of Falcon fans weekly working at a Sporting goods store in georgia.  While also being on the real falcons message board this is actually EXACTLY what most of us want to do lol.   The majority of us are begging for a big trade down to load up on picks and future picks.  We feel our team is much better and more talented than 4-12 and blame the old coaches for most of that.  We want to add more talent and more picks to help fix the cap space and allow us to move on from vets in a few years.   I think their was a poll on falcons.com message boards and the trade down option for alot of picks to say 9 to 17 won that trade like 15 votes for trade down per every 1 vote of the other options it was dominated.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

With the exception of Denver, that's jumping down multiple tiers of players.

The one thing i will is that for the positions we could actually use and need most our best players start around 10 to 15 actually lol.  This draft is really strong offense in the top 7 or so and we need mostly defense.  So it gets us to our main need guys while giving us alot of picks to help feel out the roster in the next 2 or 3 rounds and the next few years.  We need alot of turnover to help cap space over the next few years with young good talent.  To me thats more important than 1 top 5 guy in talent at a position your loaded at already.

Just now, WindyCity said:

The Bears are more desperate than any team mentioned.

I know 4-20 is a big move down, but the Bears will make and rumor is they have made a big offer.

I've heard 3 first round picks (2021, 2022, 2023), two seconds (2021, 2022) and a third (2021) for No. 4. If I'm the Falcons, I know it's a big move down, but it'd be worth it to me. Can take someone like Najee or Jaycee at 20 and then have tons of ammo through the top 3 rounds while still having additional picks in 2022 and 2023.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I've heard 3 first round picks (2021, 2022, 2023), two seconds (2021, 2022) and a third (2021) for No. 4. If I'm the Falcons, I know it's a big move down, but it'd be worth it to me. Can take someone like Najee or Jaycee at 20 and then have tons of ammo through the top 3 rounds while still having additional picks in 2022 and 2023.

If I am Atlanta, I am hard pressed to pass up that deal. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, scar988 said:

The problem is that future picks likely need ownership to sign off on that.  And given that Nagy/Pace are likely on the hot seat, do the Bears' ownership feel confident in them?

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

The problem is that future picks likely need ownership to sign off on that.  And given that Nagy/Pace are likely on the hot seat, do the Bears' ownership feel confident in them?

The Bears ownership is too incompetent to meddle, they wouldn't even know what to say.

There is a media guy who in the past has had some connection to ownership that said McCaskey had given the okay to make a QB move.

Edited by WindyCity

23 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I am not sure it would be that big.

But it would obviously be 49ers/Mia plus a little.

The Rams-Goff trade was: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3 with some day 3 picks coming back to them and that was 15-1. I think that is the closest comparison they could find.

Edited by WindyCity