TSU Hires Eddie George as Head Coach

TitanLegend

My Alma Mater. 

TSU needs his energy and juice. Program has been stuck in neutral for almost 10 years. We haven't really produced any NFL players since Dominque Rodger Cromartie. Need more money in the program to upgrade facilities like most HBCU's. 
But TSU can be a top program in the OVC if done right. 

2 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Quite the staff for a program like TSU

I'm surprised that things like this don't happen more often.  Say what you want about Fisher, any person who coached in the NFL with any level of success is a big attention getter, and should be a big draw for recruits.

Hell, if I'm an 18 year old looking to get on the biggest stage possible, having Jeff Fisher and Eddie George heading a program is probably enough to get me to go.  I mean, if I'm not fielding offers from major programs, at least.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

I'm surprised that things like this don't happen more often.  Say what you want about Fisher, any person who coached in the NFL with any level of success is a big attention getter, and should be a big draw for recruits.

Hell, if I'm an 18 year old looking to get on the biggest stage possible, having Jeff Fisher and Eddie George heading a program is probably enough to get me to go.  I mean, if I'm not fielding offers from major programs, at least.

i wonder if deion sanders and eddie might be the floodgates opening for this sort of thing. certainly it'll be more likely if either of them see any kind of success.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

I've always thought this too and felt like a lot of programs were missing a great opportunity to hire more former NFL Head Coaches. Herm Edwards was a guy that I thought for years would make a really solid college coach, and so far he's building a nice program at ASU. Guys with that type of energy combined with the NFL coaching experience and NFL connections is a really nice advantage for college players.  

• Like 1